Menu

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Hazen Turns 1

Updates on Clifton -
Has been doing one on one Soccer training with Dallin.  He absolutely loves it.  One day he was having a rough day and felt like he couldn't do anything well and got frustrated with himself.  I showed up just in time to watch Dallin take good care of Clifton.  Even young boy needs a good teenage boy to look up to and protect them.

Updates on McKay -
Has her first lose tooth!  The first tooth she will lose by herself not from a dentist pulling them out!

Updates on Stanley -
Still having a hard time keeping his hands to himself and now spits!  By he is sure giving me a run for my money and I sure am not handling it right.  I need more patience and I am pretty sure that's the lesson I need to learn but its a tough lesson.

Updates on Hazen -
Is one!  How did that year go so fast?  He is my first who isn't walking by a year, but he bear crawls like a champ.  His first doctors appointment went well and he is one healthy solid baby.

We celebrated Hazen's birthday by playing at the water park.
 Hazen surprisingly wasn't interested in getting wet.
The birthday ice cream cones!

Alex's birthday was Tuesday. We celebrated over the weekend but made sure to surprise him with a brownie cake and presents as soon as he got home.
We sure love that guy!

I spent as much time as I could cleaning out the downstairs so that Alex could paint this weekend.
Which meant everyone had to sleep in the living room. The kids thought it was fun!

Thanks to friends helping with the kids so Alex could paint I got to sneak away for a couple days and go backpacking with some amazing ladies.
 We camped right here and couldn't have asked for a better view.
 A cold float to the island that ended up having a ton of cougar poop on it when we got there so we hurried off the island and back to camp.
 And warmed up by the fire!
Tent buddy!

The next day we hiked a really hard elevation hike to Twin Peaks and Lost Lake.
 A hard hike but a beautiful view!
 The meadows were beautiful.
SO MUCH BEAUTY!
 After e got back to camp we all went for another dip, but it got cut short by a thunder/lightning storm.
 Lots of rain.
 Thanks tp these ladies only going I night I was able to go and sneak out early with them.
Best couple days.  In total we hiked 20 miles.  I am tired and dirty but it was SO what I needed.  I have been so stressed about this move and to get a break and not think about it for a little was nice.  Also to be with some of my favorite ladies before I leave was perfect.

After a deep sleep and a long shower we headed to Portland to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa S.
 We meet them and Uncle Chip at Golden Coral and I ate all the calories I just burnt from that hike ;). Then we headed out for more hiking.
Multnomah Falls!  Clifton has always wanted to hike to the top, we tried once but Stanley and McKay couldn't make it.  It is a very hard hike.  Only 1.5 miles one way but the elevation climb is intense.  So we had to try again before moving.  And we did it!  All of us.  I was going to leave Stanley and McKay at the bottom with my parents but they insisted on coming and did great.  Another backpacking trip for me but this time I was caring and dragging kids.  It was a workout for sure.

Then we headed to Horsetail Falls for a picnic dinner and another hike, this time behind the falls.  This one isn't as intense so Grandma joined us!
We almost walked 5 miles and the kids did great!  Such a beautiful area.
We stayed the night with Grandma and Grandpa, went to church with them and then headed home to see Dad and all the work he has been doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment