Menu

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Yea for Healthy Children

Updates on Clifton -
HE WENT TO NURSERY!!!!!!!!!  Thanks to wonderful leaders who have been trying so hard and not giving up.  He cried for a little while and then sat on the leader's lap for a while but eventually got up and played with the other kids!  Church is 100 times easier for us when Clifton goes to nursery.
He had his two year check up and he is as healthy as a horse.  He has finally moved up to double digits in weight percentile (13th percentile).  Everything else is perfect.  He is continuing to grow strong and healthy.

I just love my little man!

Updates on McKay -
She also had a check up, her four month.  She weighs 12 pounds (50th percentile) and is in the 81st percentile for height.  She is doing great.  We have been struggling with her acid reflux and the doctor gave us a new medicine to try.  So I am hoping this works.  The doctor said to start the rice cereal as well.

 She is not too sure about it!
I forget how messy they get when they eat:)

I found something that makes McKay giggle!

For FHE it was a beautiful day so we decided to get my flower bed in shape to plant some flowers.  At first I thought it was kind of a lame activity but as we were doing it Clifton wanted to help.  We talked to him about the importance of hard work and taking care of things.  So in the end I thought it was a great lesson/activity.

He really was being helpful.  He would rake out the grass/weed roots.  He is getting so big and starting to understand so much.

It was a beautiful week.  I really enjoyed being able to get out with the kids.


Bubbles!

The sunshine makes life so much easier.  The boys love getting out and playing.  I love the warmth and I am more active as well.  I hope it stays around for a while.

Alex went mountain biking with the Elder's Quorum this weekend.  I am glad he got out and did it.  He often forgets to make time for himself.  So he needs something he enjoys to do without me or the kids.

He came back very dirty!  The dirtiest of the bunch.  I guess he took a couple of spills:)  He looks quite good after working hard!

I lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks!!!!!!  It has given me the motivation I need to keep working hard and watching my diet.  15 pounds more to get to my pre pregnancy weight or maybe 20 pounds if I am feeling up to it.  I have found something I enjoy.  In the morning after I get up I do 30 minutes of some sort of aerobics.  Then later Alex watches the kids and lets me get out every night to run/jog.  I am gradually getting better.  Saturday I ran 3 miles in about 32 minutes.  Nothing great but I am getting there. The best part is I have a running partner, Stephanie.  She is a great friend and it makes running even more fun.  Plus she helps push me along.
I have registered for a few 5K's this summer.  My goal for the first one is to run it in under 30 minutes.  Then try to better my time each 5K.  5k's are not hard but a good start for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sunshine DOES make life much easier! Here's hoping it continues!
    I need to find my motivation and get back to running....I was doing pretty well last summer but the rain discouraged me all fall and winter....time to get back to it. Blah. I'm happy you're feeling success though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've lost 5 pounds?!! I guess I didn't ask - you should have told me!! Like I told you, my weight is all over the place each day so I'm glad you're seeing results - so great! Thanks for being my running partner and keeping me motivated/accountable to someone. It really is nice to have something to look forward to, even if it ends up feeling pretty miserable! Thank you!

    Glad things are going so well for you guys all around!

    ReplyDelete