Menu

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Grandpa Hazen's Funeral

Updates on Clifton. -
I am now his den leader and I love that he is happy with that.  I am sure one day he won't want me around so I will enjoy it while he still thinks I am pretty cool.

Updates on McKay -
A couple times this week I witnessed McKay reaching out to someone who was feeling left out.  It made my heart burst.  She is so sensitive to being left out herself, so I am very grateful she recognizes others who might be feeling left out.  I hope she keeps that quality!

Updates on Stanley -
Insists on being only in underwear.

Updates on Hazen -
6 months old!  Seriously how???  Please oh please slow down.

We spent the night in a hotel and everyone was happy about that.
 I didn't have to make breakfast and they had lots to choose from.
Hazen especially enjoyed the strawberries.

It was a beautiful service.  I got to share my Grandpas WW2 memories that he had shared with me.  I hate speaking in front of people but it was such a healing experience.  He was such a great man!
It was so nice to visit with cousins I hadn't seen in forever, meet an Uncle, and talk with old friends.
I was so sad that it was snowing in Port Orchard and that school got canceled for the day and we missed all the fun.  But as soon as we got to the grave site it started to snow.  I am positive it was Grandpa's last I love you to me.  It was such a beautiful ceremony!
It was a nice time celebrating his life and being with friends and family.

As soon as we got home we played in the snow.
Luckily they had late start the next day so we got to go sledding before it all melted.
 Always fun and we got the whole place to ourselves.
My favorite place to go when it snows... our pond.

We jumped right back into our 14 days of Love count down...
 Making Valentines for Grandparents.
 Thank you notes for our teachers.
Cookies for our neighbors.

The news was saying we were going to get hit by a huge snowstorm.  So these guys and the rest of the South Sound hit up Costco to prepare.  I was 100% sure the storm wasn't going to hit as hard as they expected because we are all prepared.


But it started to snow Friday.  Then kept snowing Saturday...
We made sure to get out and enjoy it all.  Oh how I LOVE the snow in the PNW we freak out and stop everything and stay home.  Yay that might sound silly to others but I enjoy a forced day at home in "snowed in".  Except it is all fun and games till I lose my phone in 10 inches of snow at the golfing range while sledding.  We had a huge group looking for it and it seriously just disappeared into the snow and died so we couldn't call it.

We made it to church, the roads were not great but we made it slowly.  Then the boys and I went for a hike to the big pond.  And it just kept snowing Sunday!
So much beauty!
Then this happened!
I have tried to feed the deer many times since moving in here and it hasn't happened.  But they must have been hungry enough and there was 7 of them.  It was magical.  It was snowing and beautiful outside and I was feeding deer in my backyard.  Yep my dreams do come true!


Other fun from the week...
 While it snowed we crafted and made our Valetine's shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment