Menu

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Memorial Day

I have gotten so far behind.  School os out and summer fun has begun.  Which is keeping us really busy and when I have time to sit I am exhausted and I forget to keep up not the blog.

Memorial Day Alex had off.  I was really sad that the flag placements were canceled for the veterans cemetery everywhere, like it made me cry.  I love my traditions.  So we decided to buy 100 flags and place them ourselves.  It was a rainy day but I wasn't going to let that stop me!  And magically the rain stopped for the time we were there and started as soon as we got in the car.
 It was a long drive there and back but it was a wonderful way to start the holiday.
 I heard my Grandpa Hazen's grave wouldn't get a flag and that made me sad so we decided to do something in his honor.  Nothing special but it felt good to remember him.
Then we had an at home paint night.  I love how they turned out.

We made a theme for each day of the week to plan our summer fun.
Move it Monday, Take a Trip Tuesday, Water Wednesday, Thinking Thursday, and Favorite Friday.
Tuesdays trip (and I was so happy there are things starting to open) Sealife Aquarium.
 Fun place.  All the hands on activities were closed but we were just happy to get out and explore.  On our way out we walked by the Rainforest Cafe and noticed it was open.  The kids have never been and really intrigued so we went to a Restaurant!
The kids loved it and it felt so nice to be at a restaurant!

Wedensday water activity didn't turn out the way I had planned.  We went to a fun bridge in Dallas.  Usually it has a little splash park on it but it was closed still.  But we had fun scootering on and under the bridge.
And a nice picnic.

But we made sure to still get our water fun in later.

Thinking Thursday we made gumdrop structures.
Clifton was the only one that really got into it, everyone else just wanted to eat it.

Then we made a butterfly feeder and released our butterflies.
Sadly our butterflies were not interested in staying.

Our plan was to make Thursday a day at home BUT we aren't very good at that.  So we got out for a little walk and enjoyed the wildflowers.
They are absolutely gorgeous and smell amazing.

Fridays favorite was Trinity Duck ponds and walking Trinity trail.

Then our awesome neighbors invited us over to play at their pool.
Yay for awesome neighbors!

Saturday was a simple day.  We went scootering and played by the water.

Saturday night I tried to put together a Mixxedfit class for the neighborhood.
I had a lot interested but only two showed up.  I sure am super mad at Covid for ruining my plans to become an instructor.  Not sure it is ever going to work out.  But glad to try and put.  It's good to put myself out there and meet new people.

Sunday for primary we talked about modesty and made modest clothes and ended with a fashion show.
Cuties!
Sunday bakeday.
Yummy chocolate muffins.
Alex's dad retired this week and we couldn't be happier for him.  Alex and his siblings put together the sweetest video to celebrate all his hard work through he years.  We are excited to see what's next for them.

Other fun from the week...
 Found the cutest little praying mantis.

 World of Dance is now on... it's really the little things that make me happy these days.

Playing with Treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment