Menu

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

 Update on Clifton -

Can be so helpful with Hazen and will go play with him when I need to get things done.  However he and Stanley are not a god combination.  But Clifton is showing more and more responsibility and we are getting closer to being able to leave him at home with everyone in charge.

Updates on McKay -

Write everyone a thankful note.  She can be so dang thoughtful and sweet!  Love her.



Updates on Stanley -

ROUGH week!  I am not sure if its the medicine or being home all day but he has been SO emotional and doing everything he can to make people annoyed.  And not sleeping but so sleepy!

Updates on Hazen -

He is talking SO much more!  He says lots of things and clearly now, which makes me a little sad I liked his baby talk and sound effect talking.  But he sure is getting big.  He also loves to pretend to sue the toilet.  Sits on the lid, takes a piece of toilet paper and then flushes the toilet.  I know that means I need to start potty training but I am not ready.


The kids had school off all week for Thanksgiving and we were all a little nervous they wouldn't go back to school after the break.  The school said that wasn't the plan but they sent the kids home with their computers and chargers just in case.  

I had an opportunity to sub Monday and Tuesday at the gym.  I am loving teaching and so happy to be able to teach twice this week.

While I was at the gym the kids decided to keep busy making stores and using pretend money to shop at each others stores.  McKay's was a huge hit.  The boys had some cute ideas too.  Stanley had an animal store (stuffed animals) and a lego store.  Clifton did a soccer and travel (where he would tell you about any place you wanted to travel and watch a virtual tour) store.
I was happy to partake of McKay's store too.
Then I took them to get some wiggles out on Tuesday after being at home all day Monday and Tuesday morning.  Kidsmania fun!

Wednesday we went out exploring to Texas Discovery Gardens in Dallas.
We had a lot of fun!  And we found some fall colors!  It was a beautiful day perfect for exploring.

Wednesday was also Treasures 4th birthday!  We love her even though she often pretends not to like us.
She clearly was excited to celebrate.  Cuddles at her cat cake, haha.

Thursday was Thanksgiving.  We played a Peterson family kickball game and enjoyed getting dirty.  It was another beautiful day!
Then Clifton and I ran our own Turkey Trot, one day I will get the whole family.
I love that he wants to run with me.
The rest of the day we enjoyed being lazy, FaceTiming family, and made some yummy food.
Cute Hazen trying so hard to keep his eyes closed during the prayer, it didn't last long. Ha. 

Lots to be thankful for and I love McKay and Cliftons top 7 things they are thankful for.  The prophet shared a wonderful message about being grateful in times of distress.  And suggested we post of social media for 7 days things we are thankful for, it was so nice to watch media become positive.  My kids don't have social media so we asked them to write out their seven things.
 A wonderful Thanksgiving!

Friday we decided to go to a tree farm.  We usually use our fake tree but I wanted another tree and a real one this year.  I sure miss the smell of trees!
Hay ride!
On their website they said they would take us on a hayride to the trees you could cut down, which they did.  But they didn't mention the picking would be slim!  Definitely not the PNW and I knew that would be the case but a little sad to only see a few trees to choose from.  But we found one and the kids had a blast and loved the idea of a real tree even though it wasn't like Washington.  And my house smells good!

We then sent Friday and Saturday decorate and getting in the spirit.
Asked Alex if we could do outside lights this year.  We decided to try non traditional ones and keep them up all year to use.  LED lights that we can change the colors.
Light still aren't done, we need a taller ladder but I like how its looking!

Sunday bakeday our friend Ashley came and helped us make Liege Waffles.
YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment