Menu

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Big boy bed

Updates on Clifton -
He has three new words this week!  Car, boat, (now we are working on not calling everything a tractor) and football (which makes Alex happy to hear him ask for football).

 So major nesting... we bought Clifton a twin bed for him to move to when baby gets here.  We also went out and got all his bedding.  I would love to make the transition before the baby gets here but I am afraid he is still too young.  I have tried once to get him to nap in it but he jumped right up and screamed as soon as I shut the door.  I tried to lay with him but he just kept smiling and playing with my face.  So we will try again.  However I think it is good to have it in there and have him get used to it.  Also I am trying to talk it up so he will get excited for sleeping in it.



When we first got it Alex was a great example and showed him how to jump on it.  So for the next couple days that was my biggest challenge of teaching him it is not a trampoline.


But now he loves to lay/cuddle on it.  He also loves to lay and read books on it.



On Saturday we joined many others in the day of service and helped clean up Bremerton.  It was rainy and cold, but good to get out and help the community.  Clifton was ready to help!  We were only able to stay a few hours because Clifton was getting wet and tired but it was a good experience.


Sunday Clifton turned the BIG 18 months!  He is officially in nursery!  He has been in before but it is now official.  The transition to nursery was pretty easy.  He enjoys being with other kids and playing with toys so he does not mind too much that mom and dad are not there.  However he is a little more grumpy on Sundays due to little or no nap-time, but he is a big boy and stays in there.  I know he is still my little boy but he is sure growing up real fast.

I am 26 weeks pregnant and still doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment