Menu

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Brownsville Appreciation Day

Updates on Clifton-
New words this week - bubbles
Clifton is starting to talk a lot of gibberish lately.  He will say words he knows with others we cannot quite sound out.  He is trying real hard to have a conversation.  We think it is super cute!

So just another regular week.  Clifton's little friend brought over a little blow up bounce house.  Clifton liked it for a little.  He wanted me to get in real bad.  I squeezed myself in but could not really move after that.  So he lost interest playing by himself.  I guess he would rather jump on his bed!


Saturday we went down to Brownsville for their day of appreciation celebration.  It was fun.  They had a car show and Clifton loved looking at the cars and so did Alex.  I was amazed at the 100 year old electric car they had there.  I was just surprised that they had electric cars 100 years ago and it took us this long to start coming out with them.  Interesting!

We also got to go on a hay ride. A tractor was pulling it and Clifton screamed when we had to get off.  He sure loves his tractors!

They also had little vendors and games for kids.  Clifton found a lady who was making huge bubbles.  He was having a ton of fun chasing the big bubbles and watching them pop.

Just a funny little story -
Sunday Clifton showed interest in the sacrament being passed around.  So we gave him a piece of bread when it came to us.  Then the water came around and we gave him the little cup and he drank the water.  After drinking the small amount of water from the little cup he let out a huge refreshing sigh AHHHHH....  It was so funny!  He sure keeps us laughing.

I am 27 weeks along and had a regular doctors appointment.  I had to take the gestational diabetes test - YUCK!  I have not yet heard back.  Everything seems to be going well.  I am actually satisfied with how much weight I have gained so far and I am measuring small (as I did with Clifton).  The doctor did make a discovering that answered some questions I had.  When I laid back to have him measure me and listen to the heart beat he poked at my belly and said I had a hernia.  He explained that it is an umbilical hernia which means I have a hole/defect in my abdominal wall (which I was born with).  Most of the time it goes unnoticed, unless there is excess weight gain or pregnancy.  He said that it has opened a little more and my insides are poking out of it.  GROSS -  I know!  The worst part is he kept poking at it and pushing the stuff back in and then watching it pop out again.  I was really disgusted and felt like a freak with a hole in me.  Anyway it is really no big deal it will probably require surgery in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment