Menu

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Strong and Healthy!

Updates on Clifton-
We had his three years doctors appointment (a little late so we could do McKay's 15 month appointment as well).  He had a really really hard time at the doctors.  He hates people touching him if he does not know them.  HATES it!  All they had to do was measure, weigh, and check his heart.  He screamed and screamed.  Not even bribery worked:(
Good news though.  He is looking healthy and strong.  And had a big growth spurt.  He is not my tiny guy anymore.  He is finally well on the charts! He is thirty pounds (30% which is huge for Clifton) and 38 inches (72%)

Updates on McKay -
Since McKay saw Clifton freaking out she did not want to have anything to do with the doctors either.  Luckily I had Alex there with me (note to self never go alone my kids HATE the doctors).  She is staying pretty consistent and healthy.  She is 22.6 pounds (41%) and 31.3 (68% which is lower for McKay).
She went potty on the toilet! We have been potty training Evan so spending a ton of time in the bathroom.  Anyway she insists on sitting on the toilet as well.  The other night we put her on and she went potty:)

This week I had jury duty which was an interesting process.  I was not too excited because I thought I was going to have to be away from my kids all week.  I enjoy staying home.  I did not get chosen for the jury so I spent a half day at the court house.  It was still really interesting to see how the process goes.  I really like this kind of stuff so I would enjoy being on a jury some day but I would prefer it to be when my kids are in school or grown.  My mother-in-law was awesome and came and helped for that day.

This week Evan started potty training.  So we spent most the week at home.  We made the best of it!
We played with cars and trains in shaving cream, built towers, played in tunnels, used stamps, played games, and just had fun!
McKay making her sad face.  She is a pouter!
Clifton's new attire has been without pants.  He asked to go on a walk like this. Silly kid!
On one of or walks this last week, Clifton ran over to this plant growing and insisted that it was sea horses.  I can see why he said that.  I thought it was cute and observant of him.

Friday morning our car had some troubles.  It is an old car with tons of miles on it but we felt it had another year or so left in it.  But we are pretty sure it is the transmission:(
So now we are a one car family and are on the hunt for a cheap commuter car for Alex.  Clifton enjoyed watching "Mater" tow our car.  He can always find a positive out of a bad thing.



1 comment:

  1. That plant actually looks like the start of a fern! Sorry to hear about your car!

    ReplyDelete