Menu

Monday, May 18, 2015

Updates on Clifton -
Has been working so hard to memorize all 13 Articles of Faith.  He passed 8 off on Sunday.  Just 5 more to go :)  He sure is determined and I hope he can do it.  I know he will try his hardest.  In his soccer class he was asking one of the teachers if she knew the Articles of Faith and she said no, but the other teacher is LDS and said I do!  Clifton got bright eyed and asked if she even knew the 13th one.  She did.  He was in awe!  It was so cute.

Updates on McKay -
She is one tough cookie for me to figure out.  She is so dang cute and loving but so whinny and screaming all the time.  I am trying so hard to get her to interact better with other kids but it usually ends in full on melt downs.  I guess all I can do is keep trying.

Updates on Stanley -
He is such a cutie!  I LOVE LOVE this stage.  He is one happy baby, smiling, laughing, trying to talk, and blowing bubbles.  He started rice cereal and seems to be enjoying that.  It hasn't helped much with sleeping longer.

All though they can be so dang hard sometimes man they are my all.
I love them very very much!

That morning after our classes at the Y we meet up with Kathryn and her kiddos.  They were swimming so McKay and Clifton joined in.  It was so nice of Kathryn to be willing to take them with her.  I am not quite ready to take Stanley into the swimming pool, but my kids have been begging to go swimming.  I got to watch them play from the side.
A fun morning!

For FHE the kids asked if they could teach the lesson.  A couple lessons have been about monsters - the Lying Monster and the I Want Monster.  So they got paper out and drew monsters.  We then thought of bad monsters that come out every now and then at our house.  We named the Monsters.  Then they had to think of ways to make the Monsters go away.  Then when it was lesson time they each took turns showing their monster and telling us what he does and how we can get rid of him.  They came up with Hitting Monster, Yelling Monster, Mean Monster, Not Sharing Monster, and Whining Monster.  They helped think of each one and how to get rid of them.  It turned out to be a super good lesson :)
Then we made cookies for our friends.
Yum!

Wednesday we got to go play with our friends at their new house and lovely 5 acres of land.
It was so nice to get together!

Thursday I got to go to Kathryn's RS activity.  She was teaching photography.  I have such a talented friend and learned so much.  Maybe I can capture even better pictures now.
While Kathryn was setting up I got to play with Miss Madi!  She is such a silly girl.

Friday morning Clifton had a orientation at his school.  We got to go walk around the kindergarten classrooms and meet the teachers.
He was attached to my hip.  I sure hope he can get past the shy scared phase fast or else school might be difficult.  This week we also found out that they will not offer half day Kindergarten any more so he will have to do full day.  I have mixed feelings but guess that's what we are going to do.  I am sure it will be fine.

Friday Alex and I went on our first date since Stanley.  I got two babysitters, one for Stanley and one for McKay and Clifton.  It made me feel ok with leaving him if I had one just for him.
We went and played Foot Golf.  It was one thing we had planned for our anniversary date.  So we were happy to finally give it a try.  And it was a ton of fun.  Harder than it looks.

Saturday Alex, our friend Jim, and his son helped us take down a swing set that our friend Makayla was giving away.  And then set it up again at our house.
 Happy day for us!
Even Stanley was excited to have it.  Thank you Makayla for handing it our way and for Jim and Dallin for spending the morning helping us.

The weather is getting nicer and nicer these days and so we are starting a Sunday tradition for the summer of nice evening walks together as a family.
Yes he drooled all over Alex's head and attempted to eat his hair.
I love the sunshine and how much better life is when it is shining.

Cute pictures of Stanley from this week...
Can't get enough of this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment