Menu

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Vancouver BC

Updates on Clifton -
He loves to draw.  His favorite thing to draw these days are angry bird and our family.  I love the family pictures he draws, they are so cute.  He is usually holding Stanley in every picture too.

Updates on McKay -
She is struggling with going to classes.  She is old enough to go to the classes at the Y but cries and whines and they end up bringing her back to me.  I hope that if I continue to take her and they continue to work with her we will eventually get there.

Updates on Stanley -
He got a cold this week but with his inhalers and nebulizer we were able to keep him breathing well.  Thank heavens for medicine.  He has still been super wheezy with the medicine but at least its helping.  We have another appointment next week and we will see what to do from here.
He likes to grab the bowl and shove it in his mouth instead of use a spoon :)  I guess I am not fast enough.
Stanley's best friend is by far Clifton.  Clifton can get him to smile and giggle like no one else.  It is so insanely cute.  And I feel like I captured their love for each other so well in this picture.  Love these two boys so much.

Monday we had our friends come over for FHE.  They had just got back from a long work trip and we are so happy they are back.
Bouche time!

Tuesday I had planned a day full of errands.  Nothing fun but one employee made Clifton and McKay's day.  While getting my oil changed the employee asked my kids if they wanted to go in the "pit" below the cars to see how they do it.
They had to wear helmets and googles.  It was so cute and so very nice of him to take five minutes to do that with my kids.  It really made their day.  What a sweet sweet person.

Wednesday was a nice day so we got out and ventured around McCormick Woods trails with my friend Sara and then decided to hit the driving range.
Clifton was so into it and wanted to hit it far, but struggled with using a big golf club.  Maybe I need to get a small set for him.  He did beg to go again.

Thursday we got together with friends and played at the PO bay park.
 McKay struggled at first with not wanting to play with friends, but eventually decided it was more fun to play with them then alone.  Thank goodness, I was so happy to finally see her play with them.
A fun afternoon and a beautiful day!

Friday we traveled up to Canada with our friends, the Gunyan's.  They were so nice to me and let us stop at Golden Corral along the way.
I was so happy to eat all of their yummy rolls!

The next day we woke up early and did a session together in the Vancouver BC temple.
Randi's parents came up to Canada as well and were willing to watch all 7 kiddos.  What saints!  It was so nice to go, it had been too long and to be able to go with friends was a real treat.  The temple is so tiny, probably the tiniest I have ever seen but still very beautiful.

After the temple we got to meet up with another friend of ours, Millie, and play.  She showed us around the town she grew up.
 We played at a park
 They had an old trolley train that the kids could explore and play on.
 We walked the fish market on the docks.  Which was a cool experience.  I have never seen one before.  There were sea lions swimming next to the docks waiting for someone to drop a fish or two.  I wanted to feed them but the sign said "no feeding sea lions" (darn it).  They had some crazy fish and sea animals to buy and eat.  Like sea urchins... I had no idea people ate those.  You crack it open like a coconut and eat the snot like stuff out.  GROSS!  Very fun to walk around.
 Waiting to eat some fish and chips.  The kids decided while they waited they should eat some salt and pepper.  Silly kids!
 Next some yummy ice cream.
"Will you stop taking pictures and let me eat my ice cream!" - Clifton

Sunday we went to the local ward and then went to walk around the temple with the kids.
I love to see the temple!
One of the best things about the trip was just being able to play together.  The kids enjoyed each others company and the adults got to talk and play games as well.  So much fun travel with friends and our families spending time together.  I cannot thank Randi enough for this fun trip and hosting us.  I seriously had a blast!
That night we headed home and traffic was pretty good for us.  A very fun week indeed.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys could come up with us! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete