Menu

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wipeout Run

Updates on Clifton -
This boy loves to play board games. He could literally play all day long.
He is at 25 hours of reading thus far and we both are working so hard to get to 100 by the end of summer.

Updates on McKay -
I am really trying to be more empathetic with her.  She is emotional and super easy to upset.  I have realized it isn't a phase and she is just me emotional than I am.  So I am trying hard to understand how she feels.

Updates on Stanley-
He is eating well and really enjoying real food probably more than formula.  Hoping this will help us achieve our mission to fatten up Stanley.
He has really gotten loud lately.  He has been my quiet calm baby, but lately letting out squeals and letting his siblings know he can join in on the noise making too.

For FHE we talked about listening.  Mainly listening to parents (because we sure struggle with it) but also to the Holy Ghost.  They listened to different sound clips and had to guess the sound.
These are our helpful ears when we need extra help listening.  

This week we had fun playing with friends.
Play group.
Kids book club.  We all read Willy Wonka's Factory and then got together to eat candy (of course) and watch the old movie.  Fun fun fun!  Now we are reading Charlotte's Web.  Clifton is not loving it but we will finish it and then choose another book.

Lake fun.
Puma's game with the Goodin's.  The Puma's were playing Sounders U23 team.  It was fun but I was expecting a little more talent and playing harder.  

Thursday night Alex had a meeting so we decided to get out of the house and walk the marina and listen to the concert on the bay.  
 It was a beautiful evening.  I absolutely love where we live.

Friday we decided to have a picnic.  Alex hasn't been up to Scenic Beach so we decided to go up there for the evening.
I have never seen the tide so high nor the so many waves.  But it was still beautiful as always.  We had a great evening enjoying the beauty around us.  Plus got some cute pictures :)

Saturday was the Wipeout Run.  We have been so excited to try this run.
I love Alex so dang much.  He is always willing to do things with me that might not be his interest.  He doesn't love running but he signed up to try it with me anyway.  And it was a BLAST!
Alex swallowed a ton of bubbly water on the first obstacle and was burping up bubbles the whole run. Yum!
The most organized race I have ever done.  They managed the crowd and obstacles so well.  I don't think we had to wait in a line longer than 5 minutes.  So impressed.  They had MC's at each obstacle and people there to help direct you on how to do the obstacle.  Plus they had lots of the same obstacle so we could go at the same time and race each other.  Even though I work so hard at running Alex bet me every time.  The long legs!  The only down fall was that we ran at the fair grounds on concrete.  It was hot and running on hot concrete made it hotter.  At least we got wet at every obstacle.  Well I managed to make it across the swinging balls with out getting wet, Alex however ya he didn't :)  I will forever have that to brag about :)  So much fun!  Now added to our yearly runs together.  I am slowly getting Alex hooked!
Best memories from the run...
1.  We were the leaders at the start of the race.  So off we start!  There were blue cones lining the path but for some reason Alex did not see them and turned instead of following the path and all the people behind him started following him.  Until i asked where he was going.  It was hilarious.  Lesson learned don't let Alex lead :)
2.  We ran at the Puyallup Fair Grounds so we ran in buildings and past vendors and things.  One vender said smoothies but Alex could see the s.  He said "what is a moooooothie?"  I about peed my pants!
I love that I still have a blast dating my husband.  He is for sure a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment