Menu

Monday, November 21, 2016

Turkey Trot 2016

Updates on Clifton -
His six year molars are finally poking through.  No loose teeth yet though.

Updates on McKay -
She has been my extra cuddly, cuddle bug.  I don't sit down very often but when I do she makes sure to fill my lap.  I sure do love her.

Updates on Stanley -
Sadly we had to bust out his inhaler.  Luckily it is not horrible or anywhere close to a hospital visit but I sure got use to the nice summer where we didn't have any issues.


For FHE this week we went to see Trolls together.
It's a pretty cute movie, not my favorite but we loved all the music and dancing.

Monday Clifton's school had a Veteran's Day assembly.   He sang in the choir and it was just a wonderful assembly.
Too cool to smile for me :)

We had fun this week playing.
 Making our turkey shirts for our neighborhood turkey trot.
 Playing nerf guns with my boy.
 Making bread in a bag.  It turned out yummy and not messy.  We will be doing this again!

Bug museum trip.
The snakes still freak me out but apparently not my kiddos.
I got some eggs at the bug museum that hatch so we spent time watching our eggs and waiting for them to hatch.
We had some more beautiful days this week.
So we took every opportunity to get outside.
Late night meeting with friends!
We got to take our friend, Faith, out to ride the animals at the mall for an early birthday celebration.  It was a fun evening out.

Then Saturday was our neighborhood turkey dash for the kids and turkey trot for me.
 I think our shirts turned out pretty cute.  The kids were so excited to wear them!
The kids did well.
 McKay finished dead last but she was so happy about it,  so that was a huge win in our books.
 Clifton finished in second and was pretty happy with that.
Then they let Stanley run, and any chance he gets to run makes him happy.  Such a cute neighborhood event!
My race.  I finished in 23 minutes which is great time for me and in third place.  I was so close to first I could taste it, but I am happy with my results.  I was the first lady so I will take that :)

Right after the race we headed over to South Kitsap Food Bank to help deliver food for Thanksgiving.  We love this tradition and made sure we had time to fit it in!

Then we headed to Portland for the Stanley Thanksgiving.  It was a tough trip, Stanley's asthma kept him up all night and was crazy from lack or sleep and the albuterol.
McKay got stung by a bee in the car on our way to church, seriously what are the odds.
But spending time with the ones we love sure made it worth it.

Fun pictures from the week...
Stanley wanted to help me carry in groceries and somehow his bag ends up having rocks in it :)  Silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment