Menu

Monday, March 6, 2017

Updates on Clifton -
Brought home a big chapter book from the library and is insistent on reading it all.  I thought he'd be defeated but he is working hard.  And he even reads it and tells me what happens.  When did he grow up!?!!?

Updates on McKay -
Loves painting fingernails.  It is a weekly thing now.  And she wants EVERY color.

Updates on Stanley -
Sings with me and its my absolute favorite thing.  Every night he asks to sing "You are my Sunshine."

Monday we had our little friend come play with us.  
They are such cute friends!  Love them.

Tuesday we woke up to snow!  Oh how I love the snow for many reasons... it brings fun, the beauty of the earth dressed in white, canceled school/work days, etc...  But I am so very ready for spring!
 So beautiful!
 This is what happens when you try to eat snow and it didn't snow a lot, you eat dirt.
 I love our pond and all the memories we are going to make here!
Bubbles, because we have never played with bubbles in the snow.
Preschool this week we celebrated Cat in the Hat's birthday.  And had extra friends join us.
Preschool is a lot of fun and I love doing it with my kids and their friends.

That night Clifton and I went to go celebrate cub scouts at the Blue and Gold banquet at church.
They even let Clifton join in.  Man he is so excited to join scouts and cant wait to be eight.  Hopefully those amazing leaders are still helping with cub scouts.

Wednesday we did FHE so we could have some friends join us.
We talked about making choices and the good or bad consequences from our choices.  Then decorated smily face emoji cookies!  Fun night.

Friday Clifton's school had a pinewood derby.  I got to go help set up and register cars.  I love being with the kids.  all their excitement is contagious and puts me in a good mood.
Clifton had a ton of fun and was so proud of his car, until he came in second to last.  I hate that he is growing up and that losing is hard for him.  It was a rough day of hard lessons for him.  He didn't get into an art class he wanted to but some friends did and he was second to last in the 1st grade division at the derby.  I know that's life and he will learn but boy it made my heart hurt to see him so upset.  Glad he came back around pretty quick!

Saturday we got to spend the day with family.  Our niece Macey went through the temple for the first time and we were so happy to be able to go through with her.  The older cousins watched our kiddos and sounds like they had a blast playing.  Then we all went out to lunch to celebrate.  Family is so wonderful!  
It was such a perfect day!

That night Sounders season officially started!
We are just a little excited for the season!  Yay for more soccer.

Sunday was a rough day at church.  Must have played too hard the day before. 
So we just cuddled and played with Snapchat for most of the afternoon until we all were in a better mood.
Cuddling always puts you in a good mood.  Stanley still needed a little more snuggles :)

Then we played Pie Face.
And baked our cookies!
Good moms let you lick the beaters.  Great moms turn them off first ;)

Fun pictures from the week...
Clifton's drawing skills are improving.

My kettle bell partner.

Our niece has a cute polaroid camera that she took this picture with.  Why are polaroid's so cute and Stanley too.

Early one morning this branch fell from a tree in our front yard.  Scared me to death!  It is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment