Menu

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Lil Saints and Family Reunion

Updates on Clifton -
Wants to hold Hazen all the time.  He sure loves him!

Updates on McKay -
McKay loves being helpful and getting diapers, wipes, bottles, etc... when Hazen needs them.

Updates on Stanley -
Stanley is still struggling with screaming and hitting a lot but he does love taking out stink bombs (aka dirty diapers) to the garbage for me.

Updates on Hazen -
Had his circumcision done Monday and wasn't a happy baby afterwards.
His face explains it all, "oh that didn't feel good."

Monday night for FHE McKay taught us a lesson and told the story of the miracle with the fish and loaves.  Then we wanted to do s'mores but there is a burn ban so we made s'more dip in the oven.
The kids were very pleased with the treat.

Tuesday was the start to Lil Saints Soccer!
 McKay loves her team and coach.  Go Purple Cats!
Alex and I are coaching Clifton's team.  Since there is smoke in the air and the heat Alex stayed home with Stanley and Hazen.  I sure love Lil Saints and am excited for another season.  However it is hard to be away from Hazen so soon, hopefully the weather will cool and the smoke will go away so he can join us.

Thursday we got up early and headed to Alex's family reunion to celebrate his parents 50th anniversary!  We were headed to Sunriver for a few days.  On our way up we stopped in Portland for family to meet Baby Hazen.  One stop we knew would be very important to make is to visit my Grandpa Hazen.
Oh this was a moment I will always remember!  My heart was so full!  I just love Grandpa Hazen so very much and for him to get to meet his great grandson Hazen was such a special moment.  My Grandpa was very alert and with it this visit which made it even better.  He seemed thrilled that we had named our little boy after him.  Then we visited Grandma and Grandpa Stanley and some of my siblings at a park to play.  It was a nice quick stop on our way to Bend.

We got in later than expected but it was a pretty good drive.
Missing one sibling and a few cousins but almost the whole Peterson gang got together.
 Two cousins on missions and two who couldn't make it.
 All because of these two wonderful people.
We enjoyed the sunshine and playing in the water.
I am not going to lie I in no way wanted to get into a swim suit with my after baby body but I am glad I got over how I looked and jumped in the pool with the kids (since we had lots of aunts willing to hold Hazen).
Hazen is living the life!

We really enjoyed playing games and just being with each other.
Clifton said this was his one of his favorite activities... Beanboozled.  GROSS!  It got me at spoiled milk.
This was my favorite activity.  Moving piñata.  We glued candy to a shirt and made Uncle Andrew and Brandon wear them, then let the kids chase them.  So fun to watch.
Aunt Rebecca took these two out on a stroll.
Glow in the dark put put golf!
Giant bubbles.

Hazen's favorite part was all the snuggles and love.
Such a fun trip.  But boy am I exhausted!  Time to clean up and hopefully catch up on some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment