Menu

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Updates on Clifton -
Getting really good at the spieling words for the spieling bee.  We had a competition between him, Alex and I and he tied me.  I am excited to watch his hard work be put into play.

Updates on McKay -
She has stayed the healthiest out of us all but her eyes have been bugging her, dry and irritated maybe due to the drier weather.

Updates on Stanley -
Also caught a cold but seemed to manage it better than Hazen and I.

Updates on Hazen -
Another cold for Hazen that turned into strep and ear infection.  Poor guy seems to be getting the new germs the worst.

The kids have the whole week off of school so we packed it full of fun.  Monday we meet up with our friends, the Hovley's, from Washington that were visiting family in Texas.   We decided to meet at Magnolia Farms.
 Man it was so good to see a friend.  We miss our Washington friends SO much.
 The bakery was the best bakery I have ever been to (not that I have been to many but still).  The cupcakes are amazing!  The pumpkin spice one still has me drooling.
 We spent most of our time on the grassy area catching up.  The walked the market and seed store.  It was a lot smaller than I had expected but cute.
Then lunch at Czech Stop to try the famous kolaches. Such a wonderful day!

Then that night we celebrated our Treasure cat.
She's been ours for 3 years now and obviously loves every minute of living with us.  We sure do love her!

Tuesday we went to explore Fort Worth Botanic Gardens.  We were on a mission to find a beautiful place to take baptism pictures.  We found the right place.  The Gardens were HUGE!  Like 15 different gardens.  We walked a good 2 miles and didn't see it all.
 Found this guy just hanging out.  It was as big as my hand.
My top baptism pictures...
 Man I miss the fall colored trees!
Such a beautiful girl!

Wednesday we headed over to a place my kids have been eyeing since we moved in.  Main Event a bowling alley, arcade, ropes course, laser tag, billiard, restaurant, all you need in one stop place.  We bought an all day pass for bowling so we made sure to make the most of it.
 Clifton and McKay trying out the ropes course.
 While these guys ran around pretending to play arcade games.
McKay was so scared on the ropes course and I was no help from the ground.  Clifton was sweet and tried to help, but the worker went the extra mile.  She was very patient and promised McKay an incentive if she finished the course.  McKay was thrilled and it sure made me happy to watch her do something she was scared off and the sweet worker who give McKay love when she could have just made her get off.

We bowled three times that day.  Before nap, after nap, and the after dinner with Dad.  Got to make sure we use that all day pass!
When we went back we had to try to their HUGE dessert, the Big Fun Super Sundae.

Thursday was Thanksgiving!  Our first time away from family since college, over a decade!  Alex went to the wards turkey bowl and then we headed to play kickball.  It was supposed to be a neighborhood family kickball thing but it was canceled because of chance of rain!  It didn't rain but was nice and muddy, just the way I like it.
 We had a blast.  I think we just made a new tradition!
 The kids helped pick out the fancy paper plates and plastic cups cause that's how fancy I get.  I didn't ruin dinner and everyone ate!  Success.
 My Thanksgiving shirt.  I love green beans.
 Adorable!
 This guy just climbed into Daddy's lap and passed out.
Ended the day Facetiming family.  Thank heavens for FaceTime and ways to still keep connected.

Friday we got to go to Alex's work and look around.  I wasn't allowed to take pictures so this is just a picture from google.  But it was so cool and there was a lot of history in the building which really touched my heart.  My grandpa worked at Lockheed and he would have loved to walk this with us.

Then we came home and got the Christmas Tree and Light the World count down up.
So excited for the Christmas season and all the magic and love it brings.

Saturday we had to change up plans because Hazen wasn't feeling well so we did something outside and  nothing real adventurous.  Sundance Square for lunch.
Stanley is the only one that ran throught he fountains and got wet.  You can walk around inside and not get wet but apparently that wasn't as fun.

Sunday we called it quits when I could hardly talk and Hazen was super lethargic and we needed to figure it out before Alex left town for work next week.  We decided to go into the doctors.  We both had an ear infection and strep.
Sick day for us.  Thank heavens for antibiotics.

But we made sure to get day one of light the world in.  I am super thankful that may kids love this tradition cause I wasn't feeling up to it.  But so happy we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment