Menu

Monday, August 10, 2020

We had a fun week of playing with friends, rain or shine.
We took advantage of a cooler Texas day and played in the rain.
Boat racing.
Then the kids wanted to do another bake off.
Girls versus boys and I think they both did great.  
Outside playing between the rain.  Really enjoying the cooler weather.

Play date with our new friends.  Sad they are moving a little farther away from us but sure we will still get together and play.
While the kids played Celeste and I danced.

Wednesday I got to head out for a trip all by myself!  
Wearing my Washington earrings on my way to Washington.
Quick visit with the in laws.  SO nice that they wanted to still see me even with all this craziness going on.
Randi picked me up and had this cute sign for me!  Love her!!!!
We had this planned a year ago and was not going to let Covid ruin it.  We followed all the guidelines to limit spreading and had a blast.
Backpacking trip!
With masks.  Every time someone passed on the trail we pulled up our masks.
Should be a Swedish Fish advertisement :)
My goodness I love and have missed the Washington beauty and breeze.
Enjoying quiet time in the morinng to read and think.
Matching shirts cause we are that awesome.  The next day Randi and I decided to take on the next part of the hike to the upper lake.
Man what a hike!  It was beautiful and hard.  And amazing!  There was some snow on the mouton peaks, trees, water, on the top of the mouton with beautiful views, it was perfect.  I seriously could have cried with how much I miss this beauty.  After our long hike into the water we went!  As much as I love Washington I wish the water was warmer :). Texas has that.
Beautiful babes.
This is what we think go Covid!  Also if you were one of the people that over bought toilet paper because of Covid its a good fire starter.
Just like that the trip was over.  It was amazing and perfect.  I love these ladies SO much.  I am so very blessed to have them in my life and for our friendship.  Can't wait for our next trip!
On our way home we stopped to fill our bellies.  
Then I headed back home.  I loved getting away and it was much needed.  
And I loved coming home to my wonderful family.  I can't thank Alex enough for taking it all on for a few days so I can go play with friends.  He's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment