Menu

Friday, January 21, 2022

This year I took on the task of arranging and putting together stockings for homeless children.  The shelter gave me a list of names, ages and gender.  I asked members from my ward to help take a name or more.  I was blown away with the amount of help and giving happened.  Every child was covered and the stockings were coming in.  Monday we got to take it into the shelter!  What a great experience.  I know it was a ton of extra work but it was so good for me to be able to see all the kindness and to give my time in a great way.  I will be doing this again next year!

We also handed out our homeless packets while we were at the shelter.
We made blankets for children in the hospital.
 

Tuesday night we went to the Gaylord! We had never been at night time and it was very magical.

We went through the Elf Experience there and it was so much fun.  Even better that it wasn't busy.





So fun!
Our friend came over to take us on rides in his fun Vanderhall.

The kids and my mom were greatly impressed.  Then he let Alex drive around the neighborhood for a little.

I want one!
Then girl time!  I took the girls to get pedis for Grandmas Christmas gift.

Then that night Alex's work got us tickets to another bowl game, this time at TCU.  It was another good game and fun night.  This time we took Clifton, he had a blast.  

Leaving a treats for the mail lady.
Then we headed to the Dallas Arboretum to enjoy their Christmas festival.






Fun day.

Getting my run in and this guy asked to join me.  He loves me, maybe just not my kisses and hugs.
Then we headed to the duck ponds.
And cardboard sledded down the hill.  Until we saw a sign that said not to sled down the hill, haha.



Then we acted out the nativity
The kids opened up their new Christmas pajamas and we went to see a movie.  Sing 2
We went in our pajamas, new tradition.  Usually they get a movie with their pajamas but there in no point in buying movies anymore you can just watch them on apps now.

Christmas letters before kids go to bed!  Tomorrow is Christmas!

Time to open presents!



And someone got extra presents cause it was their birthday too.  BIG 10!  Cant believe my baby girl isn't a baby anymore.  She's sassy, kind, a friend to anyone and has the best imagination.
Then we spent the day enjoying our Christmas gifts, playing games and just hanging out together.
Christmas dinner!
Clifton changed our count down for next yea, haha
Sunday we made ugly sweater cookies!

And had to say goodbye to Grandma.  It was so much fun having her here for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment