Menu

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Not a week for the weak!

Updates on Clifton -
New words - crane and teeth

This week for FHE we made a ginger bread train.  Now don't go thinking I am creative or anything I bought the kit and we assembled it:)

 Clifton helped a little but mostly enjoys looking at it and showing it off to people who come to visit.

This is how it turned out.  Very cute!

Tuesday morning we went to our friends house for play group.  She made little gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate.  Clifton enjoyed the activity but mostly enjoyed eating his gingerbread house after he decorated it.

My Grandma Shill passed away Tuesday night.  It was unexpected and real quick.  I have always had fond memories of my Grandma and have always enjoyed her.  She will be greatly missed on this earth but know she will be welcomed by many who love her in heaven.  Her daughter Tami being one of them.  I sat wondering what my favorite moment or time with Grandma was and I could not think of one particular event.  Every time I got together with my Grandma she enlightened me with her stories and memories.  She always had the best memory!

It was hard not being able to go down to the funeral/burial:(  Especially because my mother's whole family came which I cannot tell you the last time my mother's whole family has gotten together (probably the last time was when I was a baby).  It would have been nice to visit with family and to celebrate the life that my Grandma lived.

Wednesday I finally talked Alex into going to the doctors.  He was sick Sunday and then a bump appeared on his arm that was real painful.  Wednesday it hurt so bad he could not move his arm and there was a huge red area around the bump.  Well it turned out he should have listened to his wife (which is always the case).  He has a staph infection that was caused by an ingrown hair on his arm.  They had to cut his arm open and get all the infection out.  But at this point it had become hardened.  So it took three days of going back in and scrapping the infection out.  My poor Alex was put on Vicodin to help with the pain.  But he got real sick on the Vicodin so it made him feel worse.  Finally by Friday they were able to get the last of the infection out.  He is still in pain and on medication to clear it up, but it is on its way to healing.  I have not gotten the guts to look at his arm and I think I will not look. Thank goodness baby has not come yet because that was a tough few days.  The hardest part was keeping Clifton away from and off of Alex.  Clifton did not understand why his daddy was home but would not play with him.  But we all survived.


Since Alex was feeling better I thought we should try the zoo lights Saturday.  Bad idea:(  Well it was a lot of fun but crazy busy.  It took us like an hour and a half to get there because of all the traffic.  Then it was so crowded Clifton could not really get out and look around.  Which he really wanted to do.  Alex's arm started hurting a lot as well.  Then come to find out Clifton was sick.  He threw up in the car and all that night with a fever:(

However there were parts that made it worth it.  The Tiger was asleep right next to the glass and Clifton got to go right up to it.  He loved it!  Everyone that walked up to it Clifton would point and tell them "Roar" (He was letting them know it was a Tiger).  He also loved the shark tank, but not because of the sharks.  He was amazed at the little fish.  (What a silly boy we have).

The rest of the week was spent try to get Clifton feeling better.  Luckily it seems to have only been a 24 hour bug and he is doing better:)

39 weeks!  Well I was ready to have baby this week, but it is a good thing baby decided to wait.  With all the sickness and my mother not being able to come down it would have been tough.  But I think we are all done with the sickness and my mother can come down this week after all the funeral stuff so I am ready now.  Now if baby would just be ready!
Doctors appointment went well this week.  Everything is still looking good.  Blood pressure staying at a good level:)  However I talked to the doctor about possibly inducing.  I do not really want to be induced but the end of the year is approaching and we have already paid our deductible and out of pocket cost for 2011.  But the Doc said the soonest they would do it is the 31st and that is a holiday so they would not be scheduling anybody:(  He said I could ask for it and they would have to see how far along I am.  If I am dilated and effaced to a certain level they will do it but I run the risk of getting bumped off the schedule if there was an emergency induction.  So I am just hoping and praying baby comes no later then the 28th.  So we can call it safe and get out of the hospital before 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that baby comes before the end of the year, but I hope you don't need to be induced. The hospital doesn't like to take inductions at the end of the year anyway. It is their "busy" season. At least that is what they've told us for our last two kids. I'm glad that Alex is doing better! It's hard enough to have your man be unwell, but even rougher at the end of your pregnancy! And I'm sorry you weren't able to go to your grandma's funeral. She was a cute little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, you are a trooper! I am sorry to hear about your Grandma and everything else. But you amaze me with your stamina, especially this far along. Hang in there and let me know if I can help with anything! You are about to get one of the best Christmas presents ever, and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete