Menu

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Rain Came Down

Updates on Clifton -
I am trying to ween him from me.  I love my boy and love being there for him but he needs to start learning to do some things for himself.  Like get his jacket and shoes on and get dressed.  Things like that. It has been tough to get him to try and do it himself but I am going to keep pushing it.
We need to get him off of his potty chair but he hates the toilet and I really hate fighting him to sit on the toilet instead of his chair.  I can get him to go potty standing up but he refuses to sit and go poop. I would love any suggestions.  I hate the potty chair and would love to get rid of it!

Updates on McKay-
New words McKay says - car, chicken (she struggles with saying it right but she tries), and flower.
She is finally becoming less attached to me.  She will go see other people and is starting to be friendly.  Thats a big step for her, before she would just have me hold her all day long.  But now she actually gets down and plays and is not afraid of other people.  Most of the time!

For family night we had some friends come join us for dinner and FHE.  It was a little crowded but fun.
We talked about rainbows and I gave each color a meaning like love, service, happiness, etc...  So next time they see a rainbow they can remember the things they should be doing/acting.  And of course at the end of the rainbow my little leprechauns found some chocolate gold:)

Well it rained ALL week.  I guess that is what happens when you live in Washington.  So we could not go outside much so we brought the outside in this week.
We brought the slide in.
And the basketball hoop in one day.  Which was a big deal to my kids because we do allow balls in the house.  Sometimes you got to break the rules for a day to survive being indoors.  Clifton is silly and liked laying under the basket while Evan and McKay put balls in the hoop.  He laughed every time the ball hit him.  Weirdo!
Tents and tunnels.  I even let them eat in the tent.  Which of course they thought was awesome.
The boys made rainbows with fruit loops and then munched away on their rainbows.  A fun sorting activity.

Friday we had a break from rain and a little bit of sunshine so we hit up the park.
It was so windy so we did not stay as long as they wanted but still felt good to get out of the house for a little.

Alex and I went on a double date with our good friends and played racquetball.  Alex and I used to play all the time and I love playing.  I had a ton of fun.
And we looked good in our racquetball glasses, not!

Saturday I helped plan my friends surprise birthday party.  I made these cupcakes and think they turned out pretty cute.
It was a fun evening celebrating her 30th.

St. Patricks day...
Green pancakes and eggs for breakfast.  And us all dressed up and green for St. Patricks day.

1 comment:

  1. We actually bought a toilet seat from Fred Meyers that has a built in mini toilet seat on top. We got sick of the ones you buy for the top of a toilet seat because they shift around and the kids always hated sitting on the big seat and feeling like they were going to fall in. So we bought one of those and we love it! You should look into it. To me it is one of the greatest inventions.

    ReplyDelete