Menu

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stomach Bug

Updates on Clifton -
Lately he has become quite the boss.  He seems to be a rule follower which is good but he expects everyone to follow the same rule and will let them know when they are doing something wrong or against our rules.  He especially likes to parent/boss McKay!  I am guessing thats a normal attribute for the first/eldest child.

Updates on McKay -
New words - pretty, okay, potty, poop, and sorry.
She is our strong willed, tell you how it is child.  She often fake cries (which makes me laugh) to get attention.  She sure is silly.  She does some silly things that makes up for the dramatic attitude she has.  Plus she is wicked cute!

This week was a tough one:/  Monday morning Clifton woke up bright and early throwing up.  And spent the rest of the day throwing up everything.  Tuesday he was done throwing up so I was glad it was a 24 hour bug.  Then Wednesday McKay started throwing up bright and early in the morning.  And spent the whole day throwing up.  At the end of the day I thought this would all be behind us.  But in the middle of the night both kiddos woke up throwing up.  They stopped by Thursday but the rest of the week was diarrhea and no body eating, which was causing them to be real grumpy.  The positive thing about this is Clifton took a nap everyday this week!  It was a long week of sickness, but by Friday we were able to get out a little and play.

Saturday the Sounders played.  They were playing against the number one team in our division so they needed all the support they could get.  I am a firm believer in if I am wearing their shirt the day they play they have a better chance at winning.  SO we all got dressed up in our Sounder's tie dye shirts I made.
And they WON!!!! 4-2 which I told Alex they got 4 points for each of us wearing the shirt:)  Great game!

That day Clifton really wanted to have a picnic outside but it was wet and drizzly so it was not a good idea.  But he would not let it up.  So we had a picnic on the living room floor.
Which was real fun!

We had our car fixed this week (since we hit a deer).  I just have to say how THANKFUL I am for my friends.  I am so blessed.  As soon as friends found out we hit a deer and our other car broke down we had at least three people offer a car to us to use ALL week.  I seriously live in a great place surrounded by wonderful people.  We used our friends, Brooke's car.  They are such nice people, they are always willing to give of themselves and there time to help.  They are great examples to us! I will do everything in my power to try and repay them for letting us use their car all week.
Clifton helped wash our friends car before returning it!  He loves playing with the hose.

I am also thankful for my friend Cheryl, too!  Clifton woke up sick Monday when we had scheduled to take the car to the shop.  We tried loading up the kids and taking them, but Clifton threw up in the car right as we were leaving.  So I did not hesitate to call Cheryl and ask for help.  And of course being the wonderful woman she is she followed Alex to the shop and brought him back for me.  Though this week was a hard one for us we had wonderful come about.  We realized how amazing our friends are.  And how many people around us are wiling to help us out.  We are extremely blessed!

3 comments: