Menu

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dirty Dash 2013

Updates on McKay -
This has been a real hard week for McKay.  She got a staph infection on her skin.  It was pretty bad.  She had a constant fever no mater what I did, throwing up, and shaking in pain. We ended up in the ER one night because she was in horrible condition.  They started her on antibiotics right away but it still took awhile for them to kick in and her skin infection really hurt her.  It was in her diaper area so that made it even worse for her.  But by the end of the week things have been looking up.  She still has a wound but the swelling has gone down drastically and no fever or any other issues.
I was so happy to have my little crazy girl back.  I love her so much and it was so hard to see her in so much pain.

Updates on Clifton -
He has been loving dressing up and pretending to be someone or something lately.  He really gets into character.  It is pretty cute.  I love watching what he does and acts when he pretends.

This week I got a few costumes at a garage sale and the kids were loving dressing up.

They were having so much fun playing as different characters.  They wanted to wear them everywhere.  I will need to hit up some more garage sales to collect more dress up clothes.

We also had fun with art this week.
Messy but they loved it.

We even had pretty good weather that we got the sprinkler out.
Clifton use to be timid around the sprinkler but he is getting good at playing in it and running around having fun.  Now McKay is pretty timid and wants us to play with her/ hold her.

This weekend was the Dirty Dash.  I have been seriously counting down the days to do this again.  With McKay's infection I almost had to miss out.  But she finally started feeling better the morning of the race.  I am very glad that I did not miss out and that my mother in law, sister in law, and nieces were super awesome and took care of my kiddos.
 Before the race in our costumes that lasted about five minutes:)  Except for Aaron who wore his tiny sombrero the whole race!
 We got asked by the race director to compete in a tug of war while we were waiting for our heat to start.  It was fun and hard!  We played over a mud pit so who ever lost went into the pit.  WE WON!  Later the director asked us to come up on stage.  He then said whoever gets the dirtiest gets a free shirt.  So we all ran and jumped in the mud.  I got the free shirt:)  So I started the race covered in mud.  We were celebrities that day, the whole race as we ran by people would say "Hey look, its the yellow team!"
 Group shots!
 After our race, Alex's sister got the kids and brought them over to do the piglet run.  This was Clifton's first year.
I was a little nervous he would not like it and that I would have wasted my money.  Oh but he loved it!  It made me so happy to see him having fun with it.  It is totally a family tradition that I want to keep.  He likes to get dirty like his parents! A wonderful way to end the week.

1 comment:

  1. Man you didn't tell me you went to the ER! So sorry.

    That is really great that you were able to run AND that you got Clifton involved. I think having kids get older is fun because there are a lot of fun activities they can begin to get involved in!

    ReplyDelete