Menu

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Angry Birds

Updates on Clifton -
He is a very sweet boy.  He is still a boy and is often naughty but sometimes he shocks me with how sweet and caring he really is.  I love it when he thinks to do something that would be nice.
This week Alex had some meetings at night.  When he left Clifton came up to me and said, "Here's the plan!  Lets decorate the door for daddy saying why we love him."

Updates on McKay -
She is our eater.  She has out eaten me many times this week.  And she is getting big too.  I can't believe my baby girl is getting so big.  She definitely is growing faster than Clifton.  Cliff can still wear some of his 2T shirts and McKay has grown out of most of hers.

For FHE we had a lesson on anger.  Clifton has been struggling with knowing how to handle his behavior when he gets angry.  I found the idea on Pinterest - http://thehometeacher.org/2012/02/dont-be-an-angry-bird-lessons-on-anger-management-for-kids.html.  I added a little more to it.  I explained the angry birds and then the birds that we can be to calm down like it said to do.  I just added in a game.  Alex made a sling shot out of some toys and rubber bands.  We built a tower and taped the angry birds to the tower.  Then taped the birds that help us calm down to a ball.  The kids took turns using the sling shot to try and knock the angry birds and tower down.  It was a little hard for them so we did end up to throwing the ball at the tower.
It was a big hit!  And it really has helped Clifton understand what he is feeling and how to calm down.

We were blessed with a few really nice days.  And we took advantage of them and got some much needed outside time.
I am so excited and ready for summer!

Friday Alex and I got to go on a date.  Ice skating!!!!
It was so fun.  It has been a long time since I have been ice skating.  Alex took me a few times when we were dating back in college.  We will totally go again.

Saturday we decided to go walk the docks on the bay.
Sometimes the simplest things make our kids day.  They had so much fun.  It helped that there was a ton of jelly fish out.  They loved counting the jelly fish and finding the biggest one.  McKay kept saying they are "so cute!".

That evening the preschool where I teach was having a fundraiser at the local bowling alley.
A fun time supporting a great school.

No comments:

Post a Comment