Menu

Monday, May 5, 2014

Soaking in the Sun!

Updates on Clifton -
He is really catching on to reading.  He is always telling me what sound words start with, what words rhyme, and what letters he hears in words.  And we are working at reading and he is doing quite well.  Its fun to watch.

Updates on McKay -
She really enjoys reading books.  She always has enjoyed books but she really loves it lately and loves to pretend to read books.  She will turn pages and tell the story in her own words.  It is so cute!

For FHE we had our friends join us.  This was one of my favorite lessons we have done.  We talked about spiritual crocodiles that we have in our lives and what we can use to keep us safe in the jungle. Then went on a crocodile hunt!  It was so much fun and the company was great too!  Here is where I got the idea.  I changed it up a little but pretty much did this. http://www.scribd.com/doc/19717166/Spiritual-Crocodiles-FHE

This week was a beautiful week.  The sun came out and it was so nice.  I am such a better mom when the sun is shining.  There is so much to do and enjoy.
Playing in the sprinkler, bought a water table, got squirt guns out, played soccer and football, bubbles, picnics (with delicious watermelon), and just soaking up the sunshine!

We even took a trip to Manchester and played by the bay.  One of my favorite places.
Such a beautiful place.  Water, sand, view of Seattle on one side and mountains on the other.  We had a blast playing.

We even washed my car.
Clifton is a great helper.

Clifton had his last gymnastics class this week.  He has really enjoyed it and I probably sign him up for the next session.
He is a goober!

Thursday we got to go to our friends birthday party.
It was such a nice evening with friends.  I am so blessed to have great people in mine and my kids lives.

My kids love doing Zumba with me.  I think it is the cutest thing ever.

My favorite Zumba partners.

Saturday our stake had a day of service in Port Orchard.  There was land that we cleared to make a dog park.
My kids only lasted about an hour and half but it was a great opportunity for them to learn to serve our community and to work.  It was a fun morning.

That evening we got to go to another birthday party.
My kids love Chuck E Cheese.  We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment