Menu

Monday, June 30, 2014

Stanley's 40th Anniversary Party

Updates on Clifton -
Well I thought the number questions would slow down now that he knows most the two digit numbers.  Nope, he has moved on to three digit numbers.  This boy is such a curious boy.  But I see how much he is learning by asking me all this questions so I will keep answering:)
I love this little man of mine.

Updates on McKay -
She seriously thinks she is a cat.  She meows, licks, snuggles like a cat.  Its cute until you want to talk to her and all she says is meows.  She sure is a silly girl!
McKay came down stairs the other day with a baby doll in her shirt and said "look mommy I have a baby in my belly like you!"

So Alex went into the doctors again to get another X-ray after the swelling went done.  And he came home with news that he fractured is ankle and tore a tendon.  So he got booted.
The kids wanted a boot like Daddy so they each wore their rain boot on one foot and limped around the house.  It was quite funny.  Alex has been struggling with getting use to the boot and not having much mobility.  But hopefully he can survive the next month and his ankle heals well.

Monday night for FHE we talked about repentance and baptism.  Since the kids were still talking about the mud run we played in dirt for FHE.
We talked about things we might do that make us dirty (sins) and how we can clean it off (repentance and baptism).  They loved playing in the mud again.

We had a lot of fun with friends this week.
We had some friends over for the USA game and the kids played while we cheered.
GO USA we made it to the next round!
We went on "safari" and had a blast.
Played superheroes!
And played in the sprinkler.

Friday I headed to Portland without the kids to get ready for my parents 40th anniversary surprise party.  My sister in law, who is the best, took the day off and we went shopping all day!  I have to give a huge shout out to Mechelle, my sister in law, she helped out so much!!!!  She is seriously the sweetest person and so selfless.  And I am pretty sure it would not have turned out as nice without her help.  I love her so much and am glad to have her in my life.  Oh ya and my brother:)  No really he is pretty amazing too.
Saturday we decorated and got ready for the party and Alex brought the kids down.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I think it looks better then my reception, kidding but pretty darn close.   A huge thanks to Gabby for making the lovely and tasty cake.
My good friend Angela came and did my mothers hair and make up.  Angela is amazing with prettying people up.  I wish I could carry her in my pocket and keep her with me:)  My mom looked amazing!  And I think the one thing that made all this worth it was to hear my mother say she looked beautiful.  She is a beautiful lady!
We had fun dancing all night!  My husband even limped  around a few songs with me.  Love that guy:)  He was so helpful this weekend even though he was in pain and uncomfortable.
Family pictures!  Almost all there.  Mechelle's sister took pictures for us and she will send them our way soon.  I am excited to see pictures and so thankful she would come do that for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment