Menu

Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

Updates on Clifton and McKay -
This week we put the two kids together in Clifton's room.  We decided it was time since McKay has been begging to have someone sleep in her room with her and Clifton also wanted her to be in his room.  I also wanted to give it time for them to get use to it before baby gets here.
And it has gone better than I expected.  Clifton wakes up early still but lays quietly in bed until 7 and then leaves the room quietly not waking McKay up.  So it was a good change and they seem to LOVE the change.  I am not sure if it is because they are sharing a room but they have gotten along better this week than most.  Hopefully it continues this way!

Updates on Baby #3 -
29 weeks, officially in the third trimester!  I am still doing well.  Getting more uncomfortable and having a hard time sleeping, but staying active.  However I cannot resist chocolate!  I have been doing well until now.  All I want is chocolate, tootsie rolls are my weakness.

Monday we got blessed with another dry and sunny day.  So we went to Lions Park to play with friends.
We love our friends!

That night we made our potato head pumpkins.  This is one of my favorite traditions we do for Halloween each year.
From left to right is Alex's, mine, Clifton's, and McKay's pumpkin.  They turned out super cute!  A fun night.

Wednesday the kids and I spent the morning playing at Tacoma Children's Museum.

This week the kids have really enjoyed the sandbox.  I guess they needed the rain to make it appealing.
I think they touched it twice this summer but have played in it three times this week.

Saturday we had a full day!  That morning we started our day by helping clean our church building.
Then we headed to a pumpkin patch in Buckley.
 I know I am bias but man he is one handsome boy!
There was a monster truck that took people out for rides and was the highlight of the trip, well worth the travel over there.  We also got to do a corn maze and find all the planets hidden in there.  There were a lot of fun things to do and we had a blast!

Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's for the night.  I have the best in laws anyone could ever ask for.  That night Alex and I went to the comedy while McKay and Clifton spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa.
We enjoyed this years Last Comic Standing quite a bit and were excited to see the tour come near us. It was my first comedy and was fun.  And we got to meet our favorite comedian from the show:)  Great date night.

Sunday we were able to go to church with Grandma and Grandpa and spend another day with them watching some football.  It was such a fun weekend!  We can't thank Grandma and Grandpa enough for letting us come spend time with them and to watch our kids while we went out on a date.
I think my favorite part about the whole weekend was Alex getting out his favorite toys when he was a young boy.  You would have thought it was Christmas day.  They played with Alex and his old toys for hours.  It was so cute!  And we were able to bring them home and add them to their collection of toys.  I love that Alex saved his favorite toys and that the kids think they were pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment