Menu

Monday, December 22, 2014

McKay's Birthday Party 2014

Updates on Clifton -
He is getting really excited for Christmas.  Our first year of having a kid old enough to understand what is to come and counting down to it.  He reminds me everyday to switch the count down blocks and to read the message/activity to do for that day.  He really makes the Christmas spirit even more alive in our house.

Updates on McKay -
She is turning three so she gets to do classes at the Y.  So I signed her up this week for her first class starting in January.  I signed her and Clifton up for an art class.  We are both really excited!

Update on Baby #3 -
38 weeks and SO ready!  The swelling has come and in full force :/  I thought I would escape it this time.  The other weird thing is my eye twitches all the dang time.  Not sure if it is related to pregnancy but its quite annoying.  This week the doctor said I lost a pound and now measuring small and that it could be a sign baby will be coming soon.  I sure hope so!

For FHE we went to look at Christmas lights at a house in Port Orchard that goes all out.  Even better than zoo lights if you ask me and its free!
I've never meet the family that lives here but they must be awesome!  After lights we had to stop and get some hot coco.  A great night.

Tuesday I set up a time to go caroling with friends.
It was kind of a hassle to set up so much that I thought maybe this would not be a tradition in our home, but as soon as we got there and started singing it was all worth it.  The smiles that the kids brought to faces made me so happy.  So this will be something we do every year!

Thursday was my last day of teaching preschool till after baby.  It was a fun day and I have been so blessed to be able to do preschool with my kids and some friends.
We went to get frozen yogurt to celebrate preschool and for them being so good for me.  A fun outing!

Friday we went to our wards Christmas party.
Santa was a little scary this time, probably because he didn't come baring gifts :) But eventually we got them to go say hi.

Saturday we got together with friends to celebrate McKay's third birthday a little early.
She requested an animal party.  I saw a cute idea to have an adopt a pet party.  So I stole the idea.  We choose an animal, made collars, and decorated the bag to take them home in.  I let McKay pick out the animals she wanted to adopt - she choose dolphins and whales.  Then she chose zebra print plates, and dog and butterfly decorations.  It was defiantly a three year old girls party.
It was a wonderful party.  I sure love this girl to pieces!

Sunday for primary we put together a nativity lesson for the kids to help act out.
It was such a nice way to celebrate Christmas Sunday.  I love serving with the children in our ward, they have a wonderful spirit.  I am so blessed.

After church we went to celebrate Christmas early with Alex's family.  Some of the family will be going to Utah for Christmas so we wanted to get together before they leave.
All the kids were in their Christmas Sunday outfits looking adorable.  We sure enjoy getting together with family for any reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment