Menu

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Kindness Countdown

Updates on Clifton -
Got a note from his school nurse saying he failed the hearing test and should get checked out.  Of course I think well that makes sense, he is always so loud and never listens :)  So we took him in and nope he is just loud and doesn't listen.  His hearing is just fine!

Updates on McKay -
Has a new crush!  She says her last boy she wanted to marry (Marcus) moved so she had to find someone else.  This girl cracks me up!  She now has a new future husband... he doesn't know it yet but she wants to marry him.  She was so happy to have an all day play date with him this week.

Updates on Stanley -
He must be getting his 2 year molars because he is sleeping horrible.  Up two to three hours every night.  Or he just has so much energy he doesn't sleep :)  I don't see any signs of them though.  SO this might be a long couple of months.

I am excited for a new adventure in my life.  I am partnering with my friend in her Lil Saints soccer league.
Monday was my first day out and about trying to get sponsors.  
The kids did great going out with me.  It helped that we go ice cream at one of the places and then played at a park by some of the other places.  I got this!  Now for people to say yes ;)

Tuesday night we got to go help the cub scouts at their activity.
What a fun group.  Clifton is now crazy excited to turn 8 and join cub scouts.  

This week we had fun...
Preschool.
Working out.
Park trips
Trampoline fun.
Homemade pizza night.  Alex may have dropped his dough :).
Alex got a raise at work so we went out to celebrate with frozen yogurt!

Thursday night we got some SNOW and the kids were excited to wake up to it!
Luckily it wasn't enough to cancel school, because it was Donuts for Dad at Clifton's school.  Alex had to change a lot of meetings to make it happen, but he made it happen.  Clifton was so happy to have his Dad there.  Such a great Dad, except he didn't take a picture while he was there.  It is like he doesn't know me!

Sunday bakeday, making yummy treats for the Super Bowl.
 And it was snowing all day long and finally starting to stick, so we spent a lot of time watching the snow fall.
 Then the power went out!
Of course right at bed time and then Clifton threw up :/  Luckily he just ate too many treats and it wasn't the flu everyone has.

January ended and February began (we made it) and we are excited to start our 14 days of kindness.
Thank you cards,
 Making cookies for his teacher,
Handing out flowers to our friends,
Handing out flowers and homemade valentines at the assisted living center.  It was so wonderful!  I know we did this for them but how I felt afterwards sure made me feel like it helped me.  I think this might be my new favorite tradition.  We had a lady cry happy tears and another man cheering to everyone in the hall that he got a flower.  Oh my heart was so full!  These are moments I live for!

Random fun from the week...
McKay and I got Treasure a cute bow for Valentines day.

While at the store getting flowers Stanley kept trying to touch them.  I told him he could not touch the flowers and can only use his eyes.  So he responded by using his eyes to touch the flowers.  Silly silly boy!


Stanleys cute evil laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment