Menu

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Snow Days

Updates on Clifton and McKay -
It was a great week for these two.  Which I greatly needed.  They fight so much and it hurts my heart to think that is just their relationship.  But this week they played happily together for the most part and I really think it was the snow :)  Two days off from everything and forced to play with each other seemed to make them appreciate each other.

Updates on Stanley -
We officially cut him from his bottle (don't judge) and that has helped his sleeping!  Now to get rid of the binky.

Sunday it started snowing and it didn't stop till Monday evening!  No school and no work for Alex!
 We got about 5 inches!  That's a lot for around here.
 Our winter wonderland, or snow globe as McKay would say.
The snow was stunning but then a deer family came into our yard and I was in heaven.  Why are they so much more beautiful in the snow?  

We played in the snow ALL morning.  literally 3 hours straight.  My kids love the snow as much as I do, even Stanley (as long as he is really bundled up).  And we have the best neighbors.  All of our neighbors kids have grown up but they came out to play with my kids, snow fight, sledding, building snowmen, etc...
 We tried to go to the driving range to go sledding but couldn't get out of our drive way.  But that didn't stop us.  Our neighbor grabbed ropes and hooked them to the sleds and started pulling the kids around.  Seriously the best neighbors!
Then I jumped in so I could play and get my workout in.
That's how you get a workout in on a snow day.
We went back out after nap time for some fort building (my first attempt ever and I didn't rise to the challenge) and a family snow walk!

Tuesday Clifton had no school again.  Sadly Alex had to go back to work, but that didn't stop us from playing.
 Sledding time!
It was a ton of fun until McKay flew over a bump and landed on her face.  She impressed me though, she didn't dream or freak out.  She came and gave me a hug and then got back on her sled.  Tough girl!
Then we made some snow ice cream.
 The kids thought it was great!

Trying to get my workout in on this snow day.  Stanley is so helpful.

Wednesday Clifton had school, even though it was snowing all morning.  It was warm enough though it didn't stick at all.  We were sad he couldn't stay and play with us though.
A nice and beautiful snowy walk!

Thursday we decided to make some love shacks.  
So much fun and cute.  Oh and yummy!

Friday morning I got to help in Clifton's class again.
I love being there and I love how much he loves me being there!

That night Alex and I went on a double date with friends for Valentines weekend.
 Indoor go kart racing!
A ton of fun!  I technically placed first but I will share :)  It is something that takes a little while to get use to and feel comfortable enough to go fast.

Saturday I got to go on another date with the hubby.  Temple trip.
Always a great date.
On our way home, like a block away from our house, a spotted owl jumped out infant of our car.  We tried not to hit it, but we did.  I made Alex turn around to check on it.  It laid there for a while but got up and flew up into a tree. So hopefully it will be ok.  It was crazy!

We continued our kindness count down.
We heart attacked friends and got caught (darn snow).
 Made some treats for Daddy.
Added hearts for each other to go on their door where I have heart attacked them
 Made Valentine's far away friends and family.
Making Daddy breakfast in bed.
We cuddled each other and watch a movie together.
Sunday bakeday.  Pink chocolate chip cookies for one of our awesome neighbors.

Random fun from this week...
Basketball cat!

 Just feeding Treasure his breakfast (fruit loops).
 Trying to be a cat.
Just wearing her tutu over her snow pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment