Menu

Thursday, July 20, 2017

First Stitches

Updates on Clifton -
Has his own sense of style.  He loves to wear his hat sideways and always wears long socks wth shorts.  He often looks like he is from the 90's.  Silly boy.

Updates on McKay -
Has been getting sweeter and sweeter.  Loves to jump in and help without being asked.  I'm liking this new side of her!

Updates on Stanley -
Not surprised that he was our first to get stitches.

Monday we had no place we had to be or do!
 So we finally headed to the library to put up our 10 hours of reading and get our free book.
 And walked away with a load of books.
Then we walked the PO docks and say lots of star fish and crabs.
Of course we had to stop for ice cream.  I love days were we have nothing to do but adventure together.

That night we headed back to Mullenix Elementary field to work on the shed.  And we got it all built!  Now to paint.
Finally looking like a shed.

Tuesday we headed to a park with friends.
All was well till Stanley fell while running and hit his head on the stairs.
Gross!
Turned into quite a long day.  Thankfully we were with friends and they grabbed my other two so they didn't have to go to the ER.  And friends who let me borrow their older kids to help hold a diaper to Stanley's head while I drove to the ER.  And making sure I got there.  I am super blessed with amazing friends.  We spent 3 and 1/2 hours in the waiting room, but did get a cute bear while waiting.
Then I complained and they put us on a bed in the hallway.  At least the doctor came to look at him.  It was weird sitting in a hall and hard with a 2 year old who doesn't seem to remember he busted his head open.  People where being carted in around us and we could hear screaming and yelling from the rooms.  Not a very pleasant place to be.  They cleaned his wound while we were in the hallway and that was horrible.  Took three nurses to help hold him down.
Then I finally got him to sleep for a little just to get woken up to put stitches in.
We finally got  room 2 1/2 hours later.  The doctor really wanted to try without sedating him.  I was doubtful with how the cleaning went.  They brought a board and straps in to hold him down.  Well he held his breathe till he turned blue so the nurses stopped and decided we need to sedate him.  That was a weird experience because he is still young they use a different kind and he stays awake but in a trance.  Like he is having a night terror.  It got 4 stitches and then had to stay for an hour to watch him after he came out of it.
 Finally after 8 hours at the ER we busted out of the joint!

It was free slurp day and we planned on going.  So we were not going to let stitches stop that.  So we went, but had to pay since it was after 7.  But hey it worth it!
We are seriously so blessed with great friends.  We had lots of calls and concern about Stanley.
He got pretty spoiled with cute get well notes and treats.

Wednesday we headed to the library to enjoy the clown show.
The kids thought they were pretty great!

Thursday we went on a little hike and park with friends.
I just love these two!

That night I headed to Portland to take my mom zip lining for a late birthday present.
Fun outing with my mom.  She sure is always up for an adventure.

Saturday morning we heard about chalk art in Gig Harbor.  We thought we would go see what everyone was drawing.  When we got there we found out anyone could enter.
The kiddos decided on a theme and we all went to work coloring.  It didn't win an award but it sure was fun!

Then Clifton, McKay, and I headed to the primary activity.  I got to help out at the shaving cream twister station.
 Such a fun activity.
 We had to give it a try too.  Fun ladies!  I am so glad I can still help with primary.

That night was fun at home.
Summer is flying by way to fast!

Fun things from this week...
 I am blown away by my kids and how every pair of pants have holes in them.  Then I noticed a lot of mine do too.  Well I guess we know where they get it from.
 Sunday note passing!  I love that boy.

Dancing with my back up dancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment