Menu

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

McKay Starts Kindergarten

Updates on Clifton -
Got right back into the school routine without any hassle.  That boy loves structure.

Updates on McKay -
Started school.  She had a great few days saying it was the best day ever.  She did say she had a hard time when people didn't want to play with her but she loves school.  However by Thursday she was having a hard time.  She wears her heart on her sleeve and everyone knows how she is feeling because she shows it.  Thankfully Friday was a better day but she was ready for the weekend.

Updates on Stanley -
Loves being at home with just Mom and he is a different kid.  Not nearly as crazy and wild.  He loves to play with his toys.  I guess he doesn't need to be crazy to get my attention when it's just him and I.

Monday we got up early and had a big breakfast and headed out the door for McKay's first day of school.
She was so ready to go.  Not a tear or look back when I left.  
We got to school early to set up treats for kindergarten kids and parents for the first day.  It was fun seeing all the excitement for their first day.

Just me and Stanley.  After Zumba and shopping we went out to lunch.
He sure is a good date.
Got Mom to myself dancing.

After school we had dinner, FHE, and enjoyed a nice hike on one of our favorite neighborhood trails.
 Seriously Washington is so beautiful!
Found a painted rock!

Tuesday was the start of Pee Wee Soccer again.
Love coaching with these ladies and the kids are the cutest!  Here's to another great season.

Wednesday is late start so we are doing late start art at home.
Fun morning coloring.

Wednesday after dropping the older ones off.  I got to head to the gym!
So happy to have my gym time back!  It's my therapy.

That night was are only calm night at home.  I finally got my hands on Space Jam and decided we would do a movie night together.
Yep still as good as I remember it.  The kids loved it!

Thursday was picture day!  Looking super grown up and cute.
McKay not only lets me do her hair but she has asked me to do it.  Happy day, now to learn some cute hair-do's.

McKay had a hard day Thursday so we went to have lunch with her Friday to check in and she was doing great.
Love that I am able to go check in on them.

That night we had a birthday party.
Someone brought their pet bird and she was so nice and friendly.  Fun times with friends.

Saturday was the stake day of service.  We headed to Bremerton to lay bark at some school grounds.
Stanley trying to be as helpful as he can.  He gets an A for effort.

Then we ran home and left the kids with a babysitter so we could go help run a stake youth Dodgeball activity.  I just got a calling as the Stake YW sports director and since Alex is in the stake YM's we will be doing lots of sports activities together as our dates.  I am not complaining!
Hopefully I can help get more numbers to these activities especially young women.  Yep Alex and I were both sore the next day.

That night I got to escape away for a little and make some crafts with wonderful ladies.
I am so thankful for ladies that are extra crafty and can help me be crafty.  I love my witches hat decor.

Sunday was a rainy day.  The first rainy day in a long time, especially for Washington.  So we happily welcomed it and did it in the right way by splashing in puddles.

More fun from the week...
Stanley and I spent a lot of our mornings at school for PTA stuff.  He is such a cute and silly PTA helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment