Menu

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Updates on Clifton -
Signed him up for basketball and he cannot wait to start.

Updates on McKay -
Is so sweet.  She will just randomly tell me I am pretty and sweet.  And gives me the nicest hugs.  I can't tell if she wants something or if she knows Christmas is coming but I like it.

Updates on Stanley -
Wants to do everything by himself.  He won't even hold my hand anymore because he is a big boy :(

Alex was gone all week in sunny Georgia while we had a lovely storm.
I hate hate hate when the power goes out.  Too quite and dark and then there are noises that go bump in the night that freak me out.  Yes I am still scared of the dark.  But we busted open some glow in the dark sticks and candles to eat dinner.  And for FHE we went blessing fishing.  Each fish had a number on it and they had to name that many things they were thankful for.  Electricity was definitely one listed.
This is what startled me in the middle of the night.  Oh how I love Washington but hate these wind/rain storms.

Tuesday evening I headed out with some ladies to watch Thor!  Cause Alex went to see it while he was in Georgia.
Such a fun group of ladies.

Wednesday I had some cute PTA helpers.  They helped me gather food from the classrooms for Adopt a Family program.
 This has been by far my favorite PTA event.  I love watching how willing people are to help each other out!
Since we were there we got lunch with Clifton and McKay.

Thursday I got to sneak away from PTA and other stuff to have lunch with Cheryl.  She took me out for my birthday... who doesn't love to celebrate the whole month long :)
It was a lot of fun.  I think we should do a ladies lunch more often.

That night the kids and I went to work coloring and writing nice notes for Thanksgiving blessing bags to hand out.
 I loved how they turned out.

Friday was spirit day at school.
School spirit!
We spent the morning helping prepare blue and yellow popcorn for the kids and other PTA stuff.
Then got to have lunch with Clifton and McKay again.  Stanley loves school lunch and asks for it often.  
That night Alex got home and we were all happy to have him back! 

Saturday we got up ready to race.  Our neighborhood had their annual Turkey Trot and Gobble Wobble.
Ready to go!
He may have been dead last but was so very happy about it.  He said at the end, "I did it without you!"

I ran the 5k and won!  Well I came in second but the was the first woman.  I won myself a turkey.  And I had the best time/speed I have ever had.  23:34 for a 5k that's about 7:30 a mile!  Say what!  That is like my high school time, yep I still got it.
 I love this picture so much because of Clifton's excitement in the background.  I have the best cheerleaders around.
 Seriously the best cheerleaders a girl could ask for.  At one point I was really having to get out of my head and push, but when I saw them I picked up my speed even more.
Fun morning.

Then we headed out to deliver food baskets for the food bank.
One of my favorite traditions.  It just makes us all so happy.  Stanley was giving out hugs left and right it melted my heart.

Then I headed to the annual Women's Turkey Bowl.
Another great year!

That night McKay and I put each others hair up in curlers for the night.
She's so cute!  I may have had to redo mine but it was fun letting her practice.

That day was such a full day of fun.

Seriously I would love everyday to be like this!

Other fun from the week...
Stanley's turn in the McCormick Woods Magazine.  It is very fitting that there is an insurance ad on his page.

This cat cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment