Menu

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Halloween and My Birthday!

Updates on Clifton -
Had teacher conferences this week and his teacher only had great things to say about him.  He is doing awesome in school and feels very comfortable in his class this year which makes me very happy.

Updates on McKay -
Also had conferences this week and am happy to say she has come a long way!  She loves school and she is working so hard to keep her emotions in control.  And she is such a smart girl and thriving this year.  She has impressed us!

Updates on Stanley  -
We had a long week at school helping everyday for the whole half days.  And he was a trooper.  Although he turns on the naughtiness as soon as the older kids get home.

This week was half day so we got a little more time together.  And the weather was prefect Monday.  So we headed to the park to play baseball.
These cuties loved it.
Oh course Clifton loved it the most.  Silly boy.  I might have to grant his wish and put him in baseball next season.

That night for FHE we played dress up and all put on the armor of God.
Even Treasure got in on the fun.

Tuesday was Halloween!
 Stanley and I got to help out at the Kindergarten costume parade.
Then I got to get dressed up as Clifford and join the kindergarteners for lunch to promote the book fair.
It was a fun morning at school.

That night we had a spooky dinner.  The kids helped prepare it.
 Pumpkin biscuits.
 Zombie lasagna.
Spider ice cubes in our drinks.
And had dinner by candle light.  This was my first year doing a spooky dinner for Halloween and I think we will have to do it again next year.

Then we got dressed up and ready to trick or treat.
 Even Treasure!  Commissioner Gordon
Such a nice night and we had so much fun.  Stanley was cracking everyone up by saying "trick or treaty" at each house and if anyone was to say he was a cute little Batman he was very quick to let them know he is a "BIG Batman."

Wednesday we spent the night at school for McKay and Clifton's conferences.
So proud of these guys, both awesome conferences.  So blessed with great kiddos and great teachers.

Thursday night Alex and I got to sneak away to the Sounders game with the Kim's!
Great game and it was even better with friends!  Western Conference finals here we come.

Friday was my birthday and I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up.
It snowed!!!! In 31 years in the northwest I have never ever had snow on my birthday.  Yep sure made me happy!

I got so spoiled....
Went to play soccer that morning and Kristy had balloons, signs and hats to make it a fun Birthday soccer morning.  So sweet!

Then Alex planned a night with the family at Great Wolf Lodge.  I have been wanting to go since we moved to this area, about 8 years now!
We all had a blast playing in the water!  The slides are awesome.  The kids were in heaven.
 Story time.
 Someone was up at 6 am ready to go swimming again ;)
It was such a fun family birthday.  I couldn't have asked for anything more!  Except maybe Stanley could have slept in :)

Saturday night my birthday partying wasn't done.  Shawnte told me to invite some of my close friends to her house for dinner, games and dancing.
Yep I have the greatest friends a girl could wish for.  I am positive they didn't want to spend the night dancing but they did!  Bringing back lots of memories, teaching them the two step and the country cha cha.  Great night!  Thanks Shawnte!

I loved all the calls, texts, messages form everyone.  Sure made my day!
And I got some of the cutest gifts form friends.

Sunday we got more snow!
Crazy that we have had snow already and it's only November.  I am hoping this means we have a white winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment