Menu

Friday, July 13, 2018

4th of July 2018

Updates on Clifton/McKay/Stanley -
Have been working very hard on walking 100 miles and reading 100 hours this summer.  Getting there, I am proud of their progress.

Still loving summer and the freedom to just play.  Lots and lots of hikes.  We keep trekking along.
And it has been probably the best for me.  I am so insanely exhausted and tempted to sit all down and eat.  But having this challenge forces me to get up and moving. Once I do I enjoy it very much.

We have also been enjoying play groups.
And having Sully come play with us every week.

That night I went with the cub scouts to the Y to swim.
As much as I didn't want to squeeze into a swim suit we had a lot of fun.  One things for sure... I need to get my kids in swim lessons.

Wednesday was the 4th of July.  I have been promising the kids we would go see Incredibles 2.
And it didn't disappoint!

The rest of the day we spent working in the yard.
Moving tons and tons of rocks.

Then we roasted marshmallows and got ready to do some small fireworks.
A simple 4th of July, but just what I needed.  I have been so exhausted and just wanting to be close to home.  So it was a wonderful day together as a family.

Thursday we started our day with a hike with friends.
Such a fun bunch!

Then we spent the rest of the day enjoying the sunshine and playing in water.
Just living the life!

Friday I had a doctors appointment so we spent the morning in Silverdale.  Played at the castle park and then a friend suggested we check out the Children's Garden and walk to the beach.
A fun morning exploring.

That night Alex and I got to sneak away for dinner and some shopping.  We had a gift card for Dick's Sporting Goods and went to spend it on ourselves but ended up buying Clifton new shoes and Stanley/McKay a balance bike.
Not a bad choice!

Saturday Alex worked hard in the yard again and we headed out for fun hike and playing at the park.
The kids found Easter eggs on the trail.  And even though I was hesitant to opening them we did and there was money inside!  We found 4 eggs.  The kids have never been so motivated to hike before :)
 Also found the trick to keep Stanley moving forward... blackberries.
Cute brothers!

3 more weeks till Baby's due date!  And I am so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment