Menu

Friday, November 8, 2019

Moving in

Updates on the kids -
They are doing great considering all the change.  McKay and Clifton have begged to start school and I will do my best to get that going this week.  Poor Hazen is still sick.  Not throwing up anymore but won't eat much and is super exhausted.

Monday we got a call that our truck is here!!!!
Oh my gosh I am so happy.  I cannot have asked for it to go better.  It was another long day but we were all excited to be in our home.  The kids ran around and enjoyed the space while we unpacked all day long.
Tuesday Clifton and McKay started school.  The school makes me so happy.  Its brand new, lots of nice teachers most live in our neighborhood, and great class sizes.
The kids had the best first day ever!  Both excepted with open arms from the staff and kids.
While we continued to unpack the kids quickly made friends with the neighborhood kids.  This seriously made my heart so happy!

While the kids were at school we needed a moment to not be unpacking so we hit the park.
It was way colder than I thought Texas would be but the sun was shining.

By the afternoon it was a no jacket kind of day.
The kids enjoying playing in the caul-de-sac which is helpful when I need to be spending my time unpacking.

Thursday was Halloween!
 Dinosaurs with some cavemen.
 
It was a nice night out together.  The neighborhood is a great neighborhood to trick or treat.  Although it was a colder night in Texas than I had expected it to be.

Starting to get things into place.  Our new couch arrived and everyone approves!

Our new table got here this week too!
Finally no more sitting on the floor to eat!
And getting decorations up.
I hate decorating so very much, I am no good at it.  But I was so excited to get dome things on the wall to make it feel like ours.

We get more rain here than I had expected but the days that its not raining it's beautiful.  
Not exactly the same as our last homes view but still some beauty in it.
We live close enough to the school to walk so we have been picking them up and walking home.  They eventually want to walk home without me and with the kids on our street.  I will be with it after I walk with them a few times just to make sure they don't get lost.

Saturday night we took another break from unpacking and enjoyed our media room!
I think this will be the first of MANY movie nights.  

Sunday was my birthday.  We enjoyed a nice day at church, lazy day with the kids and Sunday bakery making my yummy cake.
I sure did miss all my friends today but glad to be with my cute family.

No comments:

Post a Comment