Menu

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Carving Pumpkins!

Updates on Clifton- 
New words this week - thank you and tree
He is still hating nursery and wont even set foot in the door with Alex or I.  Friends have suggested that this new behavior could be due to Clifton realizing that there is going to be a new change soon (Baby Peterson #2).  Which makes sense, but I sure hope we can work on and get past it.  
He is talking a ton.  Although half or more of what he says we really do not understand.  However every conversation has to do with tractor or a truck.  It is cute!  I love when he looks at me like I should totally understand what he is saying but I have no clue. It makes me giggle!

I think our cat  is also going through a rough stage.  He did this near the end of my pregnancy with Clifton.  He is noticing the change and is not too excited about it.  However, with our cat I can just kick him outside and ignore his bad behaviors!  Just like I do with Alex:)

For FHE this week we carved our pumpkins!  

This is how my pumpkin turned out.  This is the best carving I have ever done.  I have a white pumpkin and thought it would be fun to do the face of Jack from Nightmare before Christmas.  I like it!

Alex had a lot of work to do emptying out and carving his huge pumpkin!  It turned out real cute!

To keep Clifton entertained while we were carving our pumpkins we dumped all the guts into a little wading pool.  He did not want to touch it with his hands, so we got him some spoons and spatulas and let him play with it.  He enjoyed scooping and dumping.  It made a mess but was well worth it.  Plus we decided to do this activity in the garage so it did not matter too much.

Tuesday we had play group at my little house.  It was fun to have friends over and let the kids play together.  Clifton struggled with everyone touching his stuff and seemed a little overwhelmed but we still had fun.

 I cut out some pumpkins and had stickers, crayons, and stuff they could glue onto their pumpkin for an activity.  Nothing spectacular but I thought it was fun and Clifton did well coloring and putting stickers on.

Wednesday my mother and her friend Ellen made a random and short trip up to visit.  It was a nice surprise! Clifton sure enjoys his grandparents.  I showed them around Port Orchard!  It was a beautiful fall morning!

Clifton's new Sunday attire.  I love this picture even though he is not smiling.  He looks like he is in the mafia or a serious lawyer out to get you.  I love it!

But here is one of him smiling in his little suit.  What a cute little man I have.

31 weeks pregnant!  I had an appointment with the doctor this week and they are now starting to be every two weeks.  Everything seems to be going well. 
Friday Alex and I registered for Baby Peterson #2.  This always gets me excited and is fun to talk about things (hopes, changes, etc...).  Not much to register for but still fun to prepare for this baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment