Menu

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cookies and more cookies!

Updates on Clifton -
Clifton is starting to put words together.  He says my daddy, whats that, etc....  He is still jibber jabbering away these days but most of his conversations have something to do with a truck or tractor.
No luck on nursery this week and I think it is going to be a long process:(

For FHE we made fall sugar cookies.  I have to say that I was a little creative, because I went to look for a leaf cookie cutter and found nothing.  I however found a snowflake and turned that into a leaf.  Maybe a leaf that have to buy on the street corner, but hey it works!

Clifton enjoyed decorating the cookies and then eating his.

It is hard for me to admit but Alex is more creative and crafty then I am (he rather be called handy then crafty). He is showing off his mad cookie decorating skills!
So we gave most of the cookies away to friends.  We used almost all of Alex's cookies because I was a little embarrassed with my lack of decorating skills.  But it is a cute little fall cookie platter:)

It was a cold and rainy most of the week so I had to come up with some ideas to keep Clifton entertained inside.

I decided one day I would build a road/street for Clifton to drive all his cars and tractors on.  As you can see I also built little buildings/structures out of Legos.  I was a having a little fun myself:)  But after taking this picture Clifton destroyed my little buildings.  He enjoyed driving his cars around.  He would start following the road and then ended up going crazy.  He did not quite get the concept but we both had fun and that is all that matters.

So another friend of ours wanted to do a family photo swap.  Even though we already got great family photos we figured we could always use more.  We went to Harper Docks and took some more pictures.  Jen did a great job getting some cute pictures.

Clifton loved running up and down the dock!  It is a beautiful sight from the docks.  You can see Seattle (the space needle) and the ferries coming and going.  We would have spent more time out there but it was freezing!  So this summer we will have to take advantage of the dock.

Saturday was National Family PJ Night.  So we all hung out in our PJ's and watched Lion King.  After the movie we decided to test a new cookie recipe.  They are delicious and I am using them for the cookie exchange coming up!

 Clifton was helping to unwrap the Rolo's.  He did well for a while but then ended up putting one in his mouth wrapper and all.  We got it out before he swallowed it.

Clifton was being very helpful in covering the Rolo's in cookie dough.

Sunday morning we decided to try cinnamon roll waffles for breakfast!  YUM!!!!!!  I totally recommend them.  We also tried refrigerator biscuit waffles.  Alex liked those best.

A great week!

Alex had a great week at work.  He has been working lots of over time to build a web site for his company and they LOVED it.  Now the government wants him to do one for them.  Which means tons of overtime (which is great because the extra money but hard because I am almost due).  I am extremely proud of him and all the hard work he does.  It is always a great feeling to be recognized for his hard work and I am glad he is feeling good about what he does.  We are very blessed for Alex to have a good job and for him to enjoy what he does everyday.

35 weeks pregnant!  Things are continuing to get harder to do.  The last little bit is always the hardest for me.  I am swelling but other then that I am doing well and so is baby.  It is hard to believe that we will be having another little baby soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment