Menu

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Updates on Clifton -
I gave him chocolate milk for the first time and I think he died and went to heaven.  He loved it!  It was cute to see his face when I asked if he wanted chocolate milk.  He loves chocolate and he loves milk so he was blown away that they could be put together.
He is a smart boy and he is getting so big.  He continues to blow us away with things he knows.
He loves the Mickey Mouse club house show on Disney Channel now and I think the "Mouse Show" might be a new favorite thing.  When every he sees Mickey mouse he shouts "mouse show"!  It is cute.


Updates on McKay -
We started her on baby food and it helped her take a bottle better.  So we are wondering if she might have a lactose sensitivity?  Anyway, she loves to eat off of a spoon.  I think she would prefer that over the bottle.  She ate a whole jar of baby food the first time.  Clifton did not eat a whole one of those till he was 7 months.  (He is our picky eater though:/)  She is getting so big!

 I love her in blue!!!!!

She is getting close to crawling/scooting.  She lays on her tummy and tries so hard to scoot towards something.


This week for our FHE activity we tried to go fly a kite (I say try because we were not successful).  The wind was just not consistent enough.


Putting the kite together.


Clifton loves to work out with me, in fact he often asks me to workout.  I love it!  I think it is so stinking cute!
http://youtu.be/0pvwQYFqo7o
I could not get the video to appear on the blog but this is Clifton working out with me.


Friday we spent the evening down in Belfair State Park.  The tide was way out and it was so beautiful.

Because the tide was out so far there were tons of rocks and shells to look at.  Clifton loves rocks!!!!  So he could have stayed there all day and been satisfied.

 They also had a park there so we spent a lot of the time playing.  Clifton loves to swing so we enjoyed that for a while.
 
Swinging across monkey bars!

 McKay and I!

Saturday we meet up with Alex's family to have a Mother's Day picnic at Tacoma's Point Defiance Park.  I have driven past it to go to the zoo but never stopped.  It is a beautiful park.

It had ducks, (and my favorite thing about spring - baby ducks!!!) turtles, and fish.  Clifton loved it!

He also loved being with his cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents!  I was never close to my cousins and really do not know who they are so it makes me happy that we live close and that Clifton enjoys being with his cousins.

It was fun and a beautiful day.

 Picnic time. I LOVE picnics! Not sure why, but I really really do:)  So a perfect Saturday and celebration of mothers.
Love this kiddo!

Well no weight loss again this week:(   However I realized this week that I may not be at the weight I want but I feel the way I want.  I feel strong.  Eventually those two will meet up!  I have changed up my running a little and added another goal.  I am still working on cutting my 5k time down, but also added long distance running to my goals.  During the weekdays I will work on a 5k but Saturdays will be for working on my distance.  This Saturday, I ran 6 miles in a little over an hour.  It felt great.  I could have pushed myself more but I was running out of time and had somewhere to be.  My goal is to be able to run a half marathon by the end of the summer.  I just signed up for a 5 mile run at Poulsbo's Viking Fest this Saturday and I am excited!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time with family! I went to that park as a kid and haven't been back there or to the zoo since I was young, maybe I'll give it a go.

    Good luck with your 1/2 goal! You should check out my SIL's blog (losingweightisfuntodo.blogspot.com)- If you have time to read it from the beginning. I think you'd find it interesting or perhaps helpful.

    ReplyDelete