Menu

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Making Up For Lost Time

Updates on Clifton -
He is going through and independent kick right now.  Which is great.  He has always been easily frustrated when he cannot do something right which causes him to rely on me for most things.  But this week he was all over it.  Every morning he would wake up pick out his clothes try his hardest to get himself dressed.  He even went down stairs and helped but toast in the toaster and spread peanut butter on it for his breakfast.  I love it.  I hope this continues:)

Updates on McKay -
Her hair is getting long!  I put braids in her hair for the first time.  They turned out really messy but still super cute.  I need to start practicing on hair so I can start doing cute things with her hair.
McKay is a smart girl.  She is learning her colors and learning how to match.

So I have my van back again and I can get out of the house!!!!  I sure made up for lost time this week.  We got out everyday and had a blast!  Monday we went to the park and walked around the docks to visit the cool boats.  Clifton said they were Captain Hooks and Peter Pans boats:)
Then that night we had dinner and FHE with good friends.
Karen got giant bubbles out for activity.  The kids loved it, heck I loved it.  A fun night:)

Tuesday I had a Groupon that was about to expire for the kids museum in Bainbridge that I used.
It was a fun place.  The kids could have played for hours:)

Wednesday we went to the zoo for preschool field trip.
 First camel ride!
 First time feeding the birds.  Both of my kids were really afraid but it was exciting for them.

Then that night we went to the Kitsap County Fair.
We had a ton of fun.  Clifton got to go on rides and McKay even got to go on a few as well.  Clifton is getting over a lot of fears he has.  He did a lot of the rides all by himself and one he had to climb up high and slide down a big slide.  He climbed up by himself and pushed his fear aside.  I know it is silly but I was so proud of him.  McKay loved seeing all the animals the most.  It was a great night.

Thursday we went to the Y and signed Clifton up so he can take classes.  While we were there we decided to take a look around and see what the Y has to offer.
The swimming pool was great.  My kids are often scared of water but they had no fears at all and played for an hour and did not want to leave.

Saturday we went to ride the trains.  Always fun!
A crazy fun week.  In Clifton's prayer one night he thanked Heavenly Father for having such a fun day.  It made me so happy to hear he was having as much fun as I was.  I love being a mom and going out and exploring the world around us, it's one of my favorite things to do with my kids.  I am so blessed to be able to have my van back and to be able to stay home and explore with my kids.  Best job ever!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are an awesome mom! I wish I had your motivation and drive! Nice work lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth is my kids are better when we are out doing things:)

      Delete