Menu

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring Break

Updates on Clifton -
I love my son so much but it has been a really tough week for him.  He is struggling with his emotions lately.  I don't know if he just started to be aware of his feeling a little more but he is more sensitive than ever.  If he gets upset or angry (even over something simple) he freaks out tears, hitting, yelling, and all.  He has always been one I can talk it out with but lately that is not helping.  It is very wearing and very hard for me.  I don't think I handle my emotions great so its hard for me to direct him along.  I am trying to figure out the best way to help him figure out how to react when we have these emotions.  And how to not get offended or upset when he acts like this.  He is a wonderful boy and I need to realize he is learning and experiencing a lot of these feelings for the first time.

Updates on McKay -
She cares very much about her outfits these days.  She loves tutu's and wants to wear one everyday.  She also wants a bow in her hair everyday.  Its cute!  She is very girlie and she did not get it from me.  She wants to wear cute shoes and has to decide on which ones she is wearing.  I can't decide for her:/  And anything pink is wonderful!  She would wear all pink everyday and be totally happy.

For FHE my sister in law told me about a lesson (she found on Pinterest) on siblings getting along (which we struggle with at this house).  It was perfect for the day too because it seemed to be an extra tough day.  This is the website I got the idea from - http://ptskjohnson.blogspot.com/2012/07/burying-our-weapons-family-home-evening.html.
It was a great activity for the whole family.  Realizing we all do things that cause war in our house was good for us.  It was also good to bury our "weapons of war".  Nothing like having kids makes you realize how much you are doing wrong and can do better.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mom and to better myself.  Hopefully this will have an impact in our house.

This week was spring break. I know I don't have children in school but I got a week off from teaching preschool.  We spent the week doing simple things together.  Which was really nice.  We are often on the move so much we don't just enjoy the simple things.
Clifton got this game from Grandma and Grandpa Stanley and loves it so much.  Its our new favorite thing to do together.
If you cannot tell by McKay's face they loved playing bubbles.  I guess I don't get it out enough.
I went shopping with a friend so she could help me get some style into my wardrobe:) And this is what it looks like to go shopping with my kids.  Silly!

Friday Alex surprised us all and got home early.  He then took us all out to lunch:)  Then that night Alex and I got to go on a date.  Best husband and father ever!  We went to see Captain America.  We enjoyed the movie and time together.  And the kids love when a babysitter comes over.  While we were out we got wonderful news that Alex's brother and his wife had their baby.  Early but all is well.  So Saturday in-between conference sessions we headed over to Seattle to visit Brandon, Rebecca, and new baby girl Julia!
I have never been on the Walla Walla ferry so I was amazed by how big this one is and the fact that the top was open to walk around outside.  The birds would come right up to you and take food out of your hands.  We could also throw food in the air and they would swoop down and catch it. Best ferry ride ever!
The kids were so excited to see Rebeeca and Brandon.  They were a little confused why they could not meet their new cousin:/  But Alex and I got to meet her and she is adorable.  I cannot imagine having a baby in the NICU I have never had to experience it.  Brandon and Rebecca have waited so long for this little girl and it is such a miracle that she is here and doing well.  We love her already!

This weekend was also General Conference for the LDS church.  I really wanted to get the most out of conference this year so planned activities for the kids.  It was exciting for them and helped keep them occupied.
They had to match the speaker to their picture (First presidency and Quorum of the twelve) and when they did they could get a new activity.  A great conference and a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment