Menu

Monday, October 3, 2016

General Conference Weekend

Updates on Clifton -
Still loving school and soccer!  He sure will miss soccer when the season is over.

Updates on McKay -
She has been wanting to read for ever and finally we are there.  She knows all the letters sounds and we are working on reading.  She understands it much easier than Clifton did.  Hope she continues to have a love for reading!

Updates on Stanley -
He says everything is "mine" especially shoes.  Everyones shoes are his shoes :)  He also likes to tell me when someone is being mean.  He sure is communicating more and more.
He is totally a lefty.  I have wondered but he favors it so much now that I am pretty sure he is a lefty.
Hmmm... should I go easy on mom today?  The answer was no ;)

Alex traveled to Colorado for work during the week and got to spend some time exploring its beauty.

I was a little jealous, but glad he got to explore.

While he was gone we made sure to keep busy and have fun!
 Preschool!
Soccer.  Thanks to Jill for taking this photo and capturing my girl.  She played happily at soccer but probably because she had food.  Silly girl!  I survived coaching two teams without Alex thanks to friends who helped keep Stanley near by.
Shopping fun... they were being so cute whisper secrets in each others ears.
 Yep this is what it looks like when you go shopping with a toddler.
 We spent a lot of time working on the house.  Stanley was my little handy man.  Finally taking some of the gold down.  Can't wait till its all gone!
 And I spent nap times taring down wall paper!  Oh how I hate wall paper.  Next week we paint!!!!
Exploring different trails in our neighborhood.  Love these crazy cuties!
Craft night.  Love my pumpkins!

Thursday Clifton's school district had a track meet.
Ready to go!
He got 8th place!  So proud of him.  Especially because last year he got sixth but cried that he didn't get first place.  We talked a lot about trying our hardest and being happy no matter what place we finish.  I am so glad it sank in and he was happy with 8th.

We got Alex home the end of the week and ready to spend general conference weekend together as a family.
It is pretty much a holiday here!  One of the few days I cook dinner, and by cook I mean buy donuts, bake cinnamon rolls, and cook bacon.
Such a wonderful conference.
During Saturdays conferences we went our to the golfing range.  Thanks to the rain we were the only ones there.
Stanley was all about it.  And he had to swing with his left.  I guess we need to get some lefty golf clubs.

While Alex was at the priesthood session the kids and I went out to dinner at Seabecks pizza.
Fun night out with my kiddos.

Sunday we got to listen to more conference.
Someone tell me why Dad's get all the cuddles!
Between the conferences we went out to walk trails and of course splash in puddles!
 During the walk I thought a lot about what I have heard and this quote stuck out to me a lot.  I pray that I treat my kids the best I can, so they can be the best they can.  I enjoyed conference so much and felt my Saviors love more when he answered questions I have had, through the speakers.  He knows me and knows my struggles.  He loves me and wants to help me.

Sunday Bakeday got turned up a notch and we made chicken pot pie for dinner.
I have the best bakers!

Other fun things from the week...

Working on McKay's reading when football rudely interrupts.  Hahaha I laugh every time I watch it.

Just cheering for our Sounders.  Way to move up into playoff position!

No comments:

Post a Comment