Menu

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Updates on Clifton -
I don't give him enough credit, but he is a great big brother especially with Stanley.  He is so very helpful and I can trust Clifton to take him outside and play with me staying inside.  Now sometimes he is too intense, like Stanley tripped and scrapped his knee.  Stanley doesn't cry but Clifton runs in to tell me Stanley fell.  But he cares and helps so I am so very thankful for him.

Updates on McKay -
She is loving numbers lately.  She loves asking a simple addition question to me and I say why don't you try and figure it out.   Then she does and I say yep thats right and she's over the moon about it.  We do it all day long.  Sometimes she does it with Clifton.

Updates on Stanley -
So I have decided I am wrapped around his finger and need to disciple a little more.  His cuteness gets him out go a lot of trouble and he knows it.

Alex was out of town again this week.  This time to New Mexico.  So we decided we wanted to do FHE with him this week cause we miss having him around for that.  FaceTime for the win!
Got to love technology.

But we managed to get some playing in.
Splash pad with the Dyal's.  Cameron is Clifton's church teacher and he loved getting Clifton back for all the naughty classroom behaviors.  Haha we love our friends!

Anderson beach with friends.
And we survived the hike back up without a gigantic melt down!

Pool party!

And lots of fudgesicles to keep us cool.

A final play date with the Branson's :( We hate saying goodbye.

Shopping and making one of Alex's birthday presents.

Alex came home Thursday night and the next day we hurried to Portland.
It was so hot so we played all night long until it was cool enough to sleep.  Which was way too late.

The next day we got up and moving to set up a color run for my sister in laws father who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
 They are so great people.  I hate when bad things happen to great people.  We love them and are praying and hoping for them.  No one fights alone!
 I was kind of disappointed with my Portland friends.  No one showed up.  I know none of them know Tom, but was hoping they would still come.  However i had a friend from Port Orchard come.  So I can't be sad.  I am pretty darn lucky in the friend department.
We had a pretty good turn out, raised them a good chunk of money, and had a BLAST!

We left right after and headed out to Dick Sporting Goods to hand out coupons for Lil Saints.
I brought the two older ones to help.  It was good practice for my sometimes shy Clifton.  He started out so quite but ended confident.  McKay was all over it and had no fear at all  even danced for some ;)

Sunday was Alex's birthday.  Boy oh boy are we happy he was born.  We just love that guy!  Alex's brother is in town from Arizona so we all got together at Alex's parents house for a BBQ.
Blackberry picking at Grandma Peterson's house.  A great day!

Fun from this week...
Introducing the Peterson band.

No comments:

Post a Comment