Menu

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Updates on Clifton -
I started a chart where Clifton can clip where he is at (start/happy, warning, time out, no games or shows, and go to bed early) and it is working great with Clifton.  Love when I find something that works, now lets hope it's not short lived.

Updates on McKay -
Had an interesting week at school.  She was great everyday via report from her teacher.  But then another lady who is an aide pulled my aside and said somethings to me about McKay that I didn't love.  After fighting with my emotions I finally decided to say something and try to work it out.  I think we got it all worked out.  Very emotional for me to do this because I don't love confrontation but it was needed.

Updates on Stanley -
Loves to ask me a question and before I can even answer he says "WHAT?".  It cracks me up every time.  Like, "Can I watch a show. WHAT?"

Monday was a beautiful fall day!  I got lots of yard work done and ready for the ton of rain headed our way.
 I told the kids I was blowing the leaves away and they begged me to save them a pile to play in after school.
So I did and it didn't disappoint.  Oh how I love Fall!

Tuesday I got to help out in McKay's class for her science day.
 We made lungs.  Such a fun activity and great group of kiddos.  I just love being in the classroom!
That night we started our fire place for the first time this Fall.

Wednesday we had late start and decided to do some late start science.
Made some goo to play in.
And opening water lilies.  Fun morning!  Starting to love late start days.

I had Yoshi run errands all day with me.  Seriously can he just stay little and adorable forever!

That night when the older kids got home we decided to make the most of this rainy weather and made boats to race.
 We used Nacho bowls this time.
 They worked.... but then they didn't.  They were fun while it lasted.
 Little Yoshi tail sticking out :)

Thursday night was the last night of Young Women's Basketball.  The last 5 weeks I have been helping run a tournament with the YW in our church.
It has been so fun learning to ref basketball and to be with the wonderful YW.  We ended the tournament with an All-Star game against parents/leaders.  Yep us old ladies still got it!  Such a great night.

Friday was wear red to say no to drugs day at school.
Our friend Officer Mason came to the last recess to show the kids his car and all the cool stuff.

I got to help in Clifton's classroom and they were doing science as well.
Another great class of kids.  So thankful my kids have great teachers and I get to help out in class!

A great week at school means family movie night!
Monster Truck.

Sunday was the kids primary program.  McKay wanted to look her Sunday best.
 And she sure did.  That girl is so girlie and stinking cute!
The boys looked mighty handsome as well but weren't cooperating for a picture ;)  Clifton and McKay both did great at the program.  Clifton was so proud of himself afterwards.  He was so nervous but got up there and did it.  McKay was not a slight bit nervous and was just so excited for a moment in the spot light.  She did great!

Sunday bakeday making monster cookies!
It's a good thing monsters are supposed to be scary looking.  
Sunday Sounders game.... playoff's here we come!

Other fun things from the week...
Our neighborhood magazine did a little piece on our bake sale we did to raise money for Hurricane Harvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment