Menu

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Christmas 2018

Updates on Clifton -
Clifton has gotten really good and confident on his bike.  So he went out on a jog with me.  And this time he kept up (actually had to slow down for me) and didn't complain.  We did 5 miles together!  It was really nice and I am excited to do this more often.

Updates on McKay -
This girl turned 7.  My sweet and wonderful Christmas baby.  She is sassy and silly, helpful and kind, loves to accessorize and do her nails.  She is such a joy to have in our lives.

Updates on Stanley -
Had his birthday party this week and has been talking about it for months.  So excited for his Pokemon birthday.

Updates on Hazen -
He is very interested in food!
 Share please!
 Please!
Ok I will just take it.

Monday was Christmas Eve. So  we reenacted the Christmas story
Then we opened new pj's and the family movie.

Christmas!  We did a no toy Christmas this year (except the family game - laser tag), I was worried the kids wouldn't be as excited but they loved their gifts and I loved spending money on practical things.
A nice morning opening presents.
Also made sure to celebrate our McKay girl anyway we could.
 Birthday chair tradition.
Filled her room with balloons while she slept.

Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's.
For some family time.  A wonderful relaxing Christmas.

The next day Grandma Stanley came into town but had to return home to be with Grandpa.  SO it was a very short visit, but nice to see her.

Thursday was Stanley's party!
His present from us was Pokemon costumes that we used at his party.  We played fun games but the big hit was that the kids got to chase us (Pokemon) down and throw poke balls at us (colored ping pong).  I love any chance I get to dress up and have fun.

Friday the kids wanted to go bowling and I saw a Groupon for a fun bowling place in Tacoma.
 I called ahead to make sure there wasn't a huge wait and they said there was plenty of lanes.  By the time we got there it was a 2 hour wait!!!   We are stubborn and decided to wait it out and play at Bass Pro Shop (which it was attached to) and eat lunch at the restaurant.
Almost three hours later it was finally our turn.  Our kids were surprisingly patient and found fun things to do while we waited.  I am not sure it was worth the wait but the kids sure did and that made it all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment