Menu

Friday, November 20, 2020

Savannah, Georgia Girls Trip

Update on Clifton -
Finished in first place at his classes Spelling Bee again.  Now to the school spelling bee, lots of studying here we come.

Update on McKay -
Has a hard time going to sleep at night.  She gets in her head, she loves having her own room till it's time to sleep alone.  I am not sure what she is so scared of.

Update on Stanley -
Officially got diagnosed with ADHD and we started him on non stimulus medication along with play therapy.  So far the medicine is making him tired and some improvements on focus.  I actually think its making him easily aggravated, which stinks cause he already was easy to aggravate.  Hoping this is the right thing for him and helps.

Updates on Hazen -
Finally getting him to sleep doesn't take hours and lots of tears.  He is sleeping through the night now BUT waking up around 5-6!  Way too early!  Why is sleep so hard for my kids, I stink at sleep training and love sleep!

Monday we made our Thanksgiving Gratitude Tree.  I love this traditions and love discussing why we are so blessed.  Times are really hard right now with Covid and the recent election but I know we have been crazy blessed and have so much to be thankful for.  So easy to fill our tree every year!


Wednesday Hazen and I explored... it was a little chilly so we went a children's museum and were the only ones there.  We had a blast playing!

Sometimes I get so caught up in life I forget to just play with Hazen.  I am glad I have made Wednesday a day we play!  It is so much fun to play with him.

Veteran's Day Clifton wrote a sweet letter to Grandpa Peterson.  That happened to be the same day he went into the hospital because he got Covid.  It scared us big time and were worried we might lose him, but he is recovering!  He is sad and lonely since he can't be around anyone but we are so happy he is fighting this sickness!


Thursday afternoon I got to escape again with my friend Ashley.  We both had vouchers that needed to be used so we decided to go on a girls trip.  I decided it would be my birthday present this year since we had to get a hotel.  We headed to Savannah, Georgia.  We tried to think of a place our husband and kids wouldn't be too interested in.  We got in late Thursday but were up bright and explore to play Friday.
Wormsloe planation was our first stop and my favorite thing we did on the trip.  It was breath taking!  And we walked 6 miles in the trees exploring.  I love nature and this just made my heart so happy.  This is where Forest Gump and other movies were filmed.  A gorgeous place!
Our cool mansion hotel.
Then we rented bikes to bike around the island looking at the beautiful homes and cute parks/squares or square-abouts as I call them.  Such a beautiful place with lots to see.

I am not adventures when it comes to food but tried some fun things and enjoyed lots of good food.  The hotel gave us 2 free breakfast and they were so good!  Then we explored some fun places that we heard were good.  There were lots of options, we couldn't get them all.  But what we did get didn't disappoint.

Saturday we explored some more places...

and Shopped!
Walked the riverfront.  Then we went on the river boat.  I was really excited about this.  I love riding the ferry's in Washington so I thought it would be the same, but it wasn't worth the money.  They have a little ferry boat that probably would have been just as good as this ride.  Not much to see, lots of factories and mills.  The boat was gorgeous though.

Then we went home and enjoyed a movie and treated ourselves to a face mask.  Spa's are way too expensive, maybe next time. 

But then we wouldn't have gotten my favorite picture fort he whole trip!  I love that we played so hard all day long then got in our PJ'S by 7-7:30 every night and relaxed. 

Sunday we had a little time before our flight headed out so we walked around some more looking at a few places we hadn't explored.
One house was having an estate sale inside their house.  I was so excited to go in one of the houses to see what they looked like.  They had a lot of fun things to sell too.
Then we relaxed by the pool before we had to get back to real life.
I am so blessed to have found Ashley.  She is such an amazing person and so easy to talk to.  I am glad she wanted to join me, we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment