Menu

Monday, November 16, 2020

Halloween

Updates on us...
Got cold this week, stupid cold for Texas!  So I started the fireplace again.  Well it blew up in my face cause I had a hard time starting the lighter and turned up the gas too high!  I smelt like burnt hair all day and I lost some of one of my eyelashes.  Glad Haze wasn't around and even after that glad to be able to sit by the fireplace and warm up.

McKay and Clifton got awards at school this week, they are great students.  They both are on honor roll and perfect attendance.  Clifton also was chosen to be his classes Legendary Leader.  His classmates chose him and his teacher has such nice things to say about him.  Sometimes I don't always recognize how great he is.  A couple weeks ago he and a friend stood up to a peer who was making fun on someones hair and saying racist things.  His teacher and principle called to tell me what had happened and how proud they were.  I cried!  Sometimes it doesn't feel like anything I try to teach them sticks but hearing that he did this means it is!  So dang proud of him!

Hazen has been SO hard.  Not sleeping and so grouchy cause he is not sleeping.  I can only get him to nap if I am tricking him or driving around nap time.  Man I am exhausted!!!!

Clifton has started to join me once a week on my runs. 

Monday we carved our pumpkins.
They turned out great!

Wednesday is Hazen and our exploring days.  It was cold and rainy so we went to Kids Mania and played.
He had a blast and took a good nap.

I am now the YW president in our ward!  I have a lot to learn and grow, but praying  will be what the girls need.
This week we painted pumpkins.

I decided for play group we would have a toddler Halloween Party.
It was fun and the older kids loved playing the games and crafts after school.  I love holiday fun.

Halloween!  We made a spooky dinner before we headed out.
 

Then we got suited up for the night.  Ghostbusters this year!
I was nervous there would be too many people participating this year but I was pleasantly surprised! It kind of felt normal!

Our friends asked us out to dinner and I had to document it being my first Southern restaurant.  Although I got a salad ;)

Sunday bakeday caramel/chocolate/PB apples.  Fun having the kids make their own concoctions.  Stanley enjoyed this the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment