Menu

Monday, September 1, 2014

Ending August Right

Updates on Clifton -
He has been struggling with not following others bad examples.  In sports class or church he follows the ones that are up running around and goofing off.  He is too shy to be the leader but he will follow if its happening.  So we have had a ton of discussions about making right choices even if others are not.  Its been a tough lesson for him to learn.

Updates on McKay -
She is getting so big and tall.  Almost as big as Clifton.  She has outgrown most of her size three clothes.  Which is so different than Clifton.  He was always my little guy and grew pretty slow (until recently).  Time for another shopping trip:/

Baby #3 -
22 weeks.  Feeling so low already:/  I carried low with both of mine and this being my third doesn't help.

For FHE we talked about agency since Clifton has had many opportunities to make bad choices lately.  Then for activity we played with water balloons.
Super fun activity and perfect for one of the last hot days of summer.

That night I decided to finally give in and do the ALS ice bucket challenge.
It wasn't too bad.  Clifton and McKay thought it was great!  They were challenged by their cousin Grace and really wanted to do it.  So the next day was another hot one and Clifton wanted to challenge Evan (of course no ice).
Silly kids.  I was pretty sure they were not going to be happy about it but they proved me wrong.

Wednesday our friends came to visit us!  We hadn't seen them in a year, I can't believe it had been that long.  We had a BBQ and enjoyed the evening while the kids played.
We sure miss having them a couple houses down.

Thursday was another soccer practice and game for Clifton.  He is getting into it which is great because we have some kids not too interested to play.
I sure do love coaching.  Being pregnant it is way more exhausting but I am so glad to have these opportunities to coach.

Saturday we played over at Evan's house or as McKay now calls it "Lucy's house" (the dog).  She was so cute playing with Lucy.  Really makes me want a dog!
A nice relaxing morning playing with friends.

We also got inspired to have fun in the rain.  Cousin Charlie was playing in the rain and Clifton saw a picture and wanted to do that.  So out we went.
So glad we did.  The kids had a blast!

Sunday we went to Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's to celebrate July/August birthdays.
Cousins make the world a better place.  I know I say this often but it is something I never got to have.  It makes me so happy that my kids get to be friends with their cousins.
Another great week at the Peterson's!

No comments:

Post a Comment