Menu

Saturday, April 22, 2023

 Alex headed out of town this week for work.  I wanted to stay busy with he kids and continue to focus my time on them.  So I decided it was time to buy the basketball hoop my kids have been asking for.  May have taken me all afternoon to put together but its up and the kids are thrilled about it.  Perfect time before it gets too hot to be outside.  Hoping we make lots of fun memories with it.


We stayed pretty busy with school, teaching my classes, and soccer practice. When we had time we made sure to enjoy our time together.  I also needed some nature in my life, so the botanical gardens was a great trip with my Hazen man.






We missed the tulips ( I wear I miss them every year), but got to see the Orchid display.  It was a beautiful and well spent day!



We had a night off from anything so we decided to go out for dinner.  I can't believe how old everyone is getting and how going out is getting easier and even fun.

SO excited to say I have an official Body Pump class!!!!

Started this week and it wet well.  I have a lot of growing to do and hoping I get more and more comfortable as I teach more.

Proud of Miss McKay!  She was chosen to be the Legendary leader for her classroom.  She is a hard worker and a joyful student.


Alex got home and we had a ton of fun planned for the weekend.  Which was needed after Clifton found out he didn't make the middle school soccer team.  He really is a good soccer player but the coaches that are incahrge of the soccer team are football coaches (that's how they do things her in Texas) and I am not sure they know what is good and what is not.  But its a hard life lesson to learn.  I was frustrated a little that I had planned sure a jammed packed weekend but it turned out to be exactly what Clifton needed to help get his mind off of the hurt.
First plan was Friday night we took Clifton and his friend to an XFL game, for  his birthday present.  Sea Dragons were playing and we love cheering for anything Seattle.






It was a fun game, the boys seemed to really like it.

Next morning we woke up early to run the Muddy Dash.  















it was SOOOO much fun.  Although it started rough.  We went with friends.  But took seperate cars.  They left before us so we hurried to the start line to look for them.  Left all electronics in the car.  We ran around for 30 minutes and never saw them so we decided they must of gone without us.  Turns out they went a different way and got stuck in traffic so didn't get there till another 30 minutes after us.  We decided to do the early run time so we could be back in time to watch general conference so felt like we should just go.  I should have ran back to the car and called them.  So sad I couldn't do a redo and we didn't run together.  But glad to know  they didn't just leave us.

Got back just in time to get clean and listen to conference.  Conference shop is open!




Sunday morning cinnamon conference rolls
Tornado alarms went off during conference, but luckily nothing came out way.



Conference was exactly what I needed to help lift my spirits and keep moving forward with faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment