Menu

Friday, September 8, 2023

First full week of school and the kids handled it like champs.  Hazen didn't want me to walk him to the door anymore and wanted to walk out of school without me.  It was cute to see Stanley and Have holding hands  on their way out of school.
McKay sent this adorable message while at school and it melted my heart.

Got to have a late birthday lunch for our friend.
Then Wednesday night I got to pick up Mechelle and Emma from the airport.  My brother didn't come but his wife loves me ;)
They joined my for my Thursday workout!  Then we went to go check out the new Meow Wolf museum.  It was weird and fun.











We had a lot of fun explore each room and secret passage.  

So thankful for my friend that was willing to pick up my littles from school so I cold play.  Then she even took them out to get ice cream.  She's the best!  My kids were thrilled.


 The next day they came and played volleyball with all my lovely friends.  Emma fit right in!

After we headed to Texas Spa Castle.  Our friend recommended it so we had to bring her along as well.

Then we got some massages.
Dinner time Alex and I took them out for some real Texas BBQ and walk the Stockyards.



Always fun to be a tourist in our own town and to be with family.
Of course the weather was horrible while they were here.  Too hot to do anything outside.  SO we played at Main Event.  Tried their escape rooms, shuffle board and the older kids did the obstacle course.





It's so nice to have family in town and for the kids to be around them and get to know them better.  It's been a while since they have seen them.

We sure loved having them in Texas.  Can't wait to see them again in December when we get to go visit them.

We finally got some rain, very short but man I will take anything.  It has been sooooo hot and dry but humid here.  It hasn't been my favorite.  But this rain made everyone happy!  I just sat outside and smelled the yummy wet pavement and soaked in the cooler temps even if it only lasted a little.

The kids seemed to really enjoy it as well.  Sometimes they play well together and usually when they can be outside and it isn't wicked hot.  So come on Texas work with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment